New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Update? I'm sure you really meant Downgrade. 😉

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Text hides the sarcasm very effectively.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I was looking through various threads to determine the winner for most reported questions, issues, concerns.

The winner is1473 posts in the reservation system for iphone 6 6s.  It started off nice and friendly, but over time, it was reported that there was a glitch in the reservation system.  Went from joy to getting on the list with being almost first - yes some do get off on that stuff.

So come on Nextbox reviewers. We need more postings to at least stay up with the glitchy (the experts words, not mine) reservation system (It was said to have a known glitch).  I think that means that every service system for making things more self serve and "improving" our experience in 2015 has ben "glitchy".

So you can now reserve for the following:

Sign up to be one of the first to learn about Rogers 4K TV and Rogers IgniteTM Gigabit Internet.

So do you want to opt in to receive "marketing" at your request on Rogers 4K TV and Gigabit Internet.  And this statement is at least true - you will be ONE of the first to learn.  I suspect that means you are one of all the people who register, that could be limitless, to learn about it.  About the same time we see the fixes to Navigtr I suspect, whenever that may be.  Still time to become number one mess of the year.

My recent issue is continues to be the new unpredictability of accessing On-Demand and Shomi titles - some times not accessable at all, locks up and freezes, only way to back out is reboot, gets stuck on loading, the white box with no reference (or whatever it said), and other things.  As said before, my signals, everything are dead on, and it is clear that others are reporting the same issues. 

Is this across the board with all set boxes? It is truly intermittent, but I always get it back over time and a few reboots. Last I heard it may be with engineering.

When does this ever come to an end. 

Or as said earlier, reboot, check signals, try another browser, spin in circles, chant an incantation, or some other superstitious behaviour, and just maybe it will get fixed.  For us, we just come here and commisserate together, knowing that "we are not alone".

Bruce

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is both an ondemand issue, and a navigtr issue.  I learned today that there is a major issue involving errors, macroblocking, pixels and freezing.  My box was fine, all levels fine, and keep doing reboots as necessary, but in general, just wait, unless it is completely frozen.  They have escalated and will notify me on status.

While we were at it, since she asked if everything else was working ok, I asked about Navigtr. She said that she had been told that more roll outs were going to happen as earlier as tomorrow, but then they were advised that they were postponed for a bit longer and that she hoped that all the bugs are fixed before it goes out.

I told her that they could take their time, and a communication that it was coming would be greatly appreciated.

I take all of that information with a grain of salt given past things that I and others have heard along the way.

So for Navigtr users, and On demand/shomi users, we continue to wait and they are working on it.

Bruce

lensman

OMG it has literally taken me 10 minutes in order to be able to post here!!!

Once again I was directed from an email link. Hit REPLY to a post and was directed to log in. Entered info and got the Jumping Bean routine in a never ending loop. Escape. Close. Type in rogers.com into browser. Log in. Go to forums and search for thread. Hit reply. Get sent to log in again! This went on numerous times and now finally I can enter a message but cannot hit REPLY in a message post or it all startes again. Can Rogers get NOTHING right?!

So, anyway to quote @BS "sign up to be one of the first to learn about Rogers 4K TV and Rogers IgniteTM Gigabit Internet."

I recently actually DID sign up for the Ignite package AND at the same time dropped my ridiculously high TV package right down to Basic Cable. The one bright side to this is that the IGNITE package actually does live up to its hype and I am actually consistently getting faster than the advertised 100Mb download speed.

As for someone's comment here about Shomi being very buggy and inconsistent - yes, I absolutely agree. Right now I am not paying for it but come March 2016(?) when we are supposed to get billed I will be telling them to go stuff themselves (or something like that) if they haven't got Shomi and OnDemand fixed. And if there has been no change to Navigatr then, well, I may just be kissing Uncle Rogers good-bye for many services.

rgottinger

One thing that is apparent is that being one of the 'first' to experience a new Rogers offering is something that i will NOT be doing. Navigatr has shown that is risky

JmsHst4
I've Been Around

I have scheduled my mothers soap operas to be taped daily and I noticed it worked for two days and then stopped working. I attempted to delete the original scheduled programmed taping and it still happened. For the amount that I pay I expect the technology to be top knotch. Just saying... Is anyone else having a similar issue and how can I fix this?

park
I'm an Advisor

@JmsHst4 wrote:

I have scheduled my mothers soap operas to be taped daily and I noticed it worked for two days and then stopped working. I attempted to delete the original scheduled programmed taping and it still happened. For the amount that I pay I expect the technology to be top knotch. Just saying... Is anyone else having a similar issue and how can I fix this?

Could be.

Today , I noticed the only one 11PM DAILY show was recorded on my Navigatr machine this week.

I watched it. It was the Wed nite show.  The host mentioned "if you watched last nights show".

Should have been Mon, Tues and Wed recorded, unless for some reason they actually did not air ?

I know things do not record if  the name  is bit different.

Maybe Rogers still has "Daily Show with Jon Stewart" as the title of few programs, though he retired  few months ago.

Check that Rogers isn't doing that with your program.. 

robindp
I'm an Advisor

@BS Rogers has been having VOD issues since Nov 21st across Ontario and parts of New Brunswick. The representative last night confirmed that the issues still persist, and that they are still working on it. 

For now, I am using a PC connected to my TV and watching OnDemand content that way - Anyplace tv web site or shomi.com. Not as convenient as channel 100, but it works and is less rage inducing. 

park
I'm an Advisor

Rogers search function is krap as well as your apparently unfixable new PVR software. 

Spotted a cute movie called FINDING --- ------ today but it was almost over.

Wondered if it would play later-on.

Did a search on the title.

Sure enough search found the movie was just ending. But that is kinda useless.

plus several pay-per-view  on-demand FINDING NEMOS in HD, SD, French etc. etc.

but no other with my title.

Out of curiosity, did another search just after my movie ended.

This time it found my movie was to start in an hour on another station

(and all the pay for NEMOs)

Rogers this is not a Navigatr problem, it is symptomatic of a lack of respect for your customers, baked right into your search function.  It's entirely within your control to fix !   Nuff said !