New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hello @senordd,

Yes it would automatically update when you hook it up and power it on. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersHassam

Even if Rogers stopped the update? How would that male sense?. If Rogers stopped the role out of the update, shouldn't that mean the user gets a new box and gets updates but the new Navigator update won't be updated on their box? Is there something im missing?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix Navigatr was only rolled out to a few areas - Mississauga, and a few burbs east/north of Toronto.  If you live in those areas, and you buy/rent a new box (NB2 or NB3), and as soon as you plug it into the cable outlet it WILL download Navigatr.

If you are in the areas where Navigatr was not rolled out - you will get the old guide downloaded.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Meowmix,

@billmcintyre is correct. 

If you are in the area where the rollout already occured, it would automatically get pushed to your box. The rollout of the Navigatr has been stopped until further notice in areas where it is not already rolled out to. Since it's already been pushed out in certain areas, a customer's box would automatically be updated to it regardless of whether they exchange it with one that doesn't have the Navigatr guide. Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersHassam

Thank you for the reply back and explaining it 🙂
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Meowmix, You're welcome :). 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

RogersHassan, first thanks for stepping up and being the voice of the company when for the most part, over the past 111 pages, Rogers presence has been virtually absent. Now that you are here, some questions:
1) Why was the rollout stopped?
2) For those who have had the rollout occur, what now?
3) Regardless whether or not we have received the update, what can all of as Rogers users expect long term with our cable and hardware predicaments, and further to this, why should Rogers users stay with Rogers and the multiple hardware problems that have existed through the last 5 years vs going to Bell and their updated interface.

Thank you.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

@billmcintyre is correct. 

If you are in the area where the rollout already occured, it would automatically get pushed to your box. The rollout of the Navigatr has been stopped until further notice in areas where it is not already rolled out to. Since it's already been pushed out in certain areas, a customer's box would automatically be updated to it regardless of whether they exchange it with one that doesn't have the Navigatr guide. Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

If this is true, then it is a lie that the rollout could not be reversed for those areas that already have it. To update discrete boxes geographically, there must be a flag for the addresses affected, which means all that would be required would be to re-set the addresses for those areas and then 'update' the boxes with the old software.

Since this is the popular option with those people upon whom the Navigatr software has been inflicted, there is no reason not to go back to the old system until the software deficiencies are corrected, if that is even possible.

Naturally, such a lie is understandable, since a roll-back would be a major defeat for the responsible executives, but it is still a lie. Of course it looks better to report that, 'yes, there were some bugs, so we're delaying further deployment until they're fixed', rather than 'There's a consumer uprising -- we've screwed up, and we should go back to the old system'.

My conclusion is that Rogers executives are more concerned with saving face than with customer service.

Not that we believed Rogers before, of course.

Regards,

Mr. A

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's amazing how quickly moderators jump in to tell us what they cannot or will not do and to receive thanks but stay extremely quiet when confronted with logic.

MrA you have summed it up quite nicely.  Rogers is lying to all of us victims and we just continue to suck it up.  This is upsetting me almost as much as the rollout of this horrible experiment.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @jinx8910,

@jinx8910 wrote:

... Mr A you have summed it up quite nicely.  Rogers is lying to all of us victims and we just continue to suck it up.  This is upsetting me almost as much as the rollout of this horrible experiment.

Perhaps not -- just saw on BNN that Bell now claims to be the No. 1 TV provider in Canada. Just a coincidence?

If I didn't want to watch sports, I really wouldn't need commercial TV at all. For the same cost as cable / IPTV in Canada, I can buy 2-3 complete TV series on DVD PER MONTH. With Christmas coming up, I could fill out my next 2-3 years of viewing with a few hints to my relatives.

For the life of me, I don't know why I can't just subscribe to the 10 individual channels I want (or better, subscribe directly over the internet, via, say, YouTube) for a *reasonable* fee ($1.00 per channel per month). I mean, I get what, 150 or 200 channels and pay, what, $80 - $100 per month? Of course *most* of those channels are of zero interest, to me, and probably to most others. I mean, do I really need 15-20 different CTV channels?

Think about that -- $100 per month is $1,200 per year. At $50 per series ($100 for some of the longer / better ones, like the Twilight Zone's 158 episodes) you could literally buy 20-24 complete series with, say, 50-60 hours of viewing each, so, conservatively, 20 hours of programming per week. . , I'm retired, and I can't watch that much TV.

Regards,

Mr. A