New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Rogers made $58 million of profits this quarter (up 40%):
http://m.thestar.com/#/article/business/2015/10/22/rogers-profits-climbs-40.html

I'm posting this as there should be more revenue to help solve this problem.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe, but at the end of the day, the shareholders only care about the dividends delivered to them, (ie: the profits), and not necessarily the services delivered to the company's customers.  The company's role in this is to deliver services to the customer at the least cost possible while retaining as much money as possible (the profits). 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers Communications Inc. shares are going for around $52.25

Maybe several of us should buy single shares, show up at the next shareholders meeting (I believe latter half of April 2016) and ask some pointed questions about Navigatr and how many cable customers have been lost since it was rolled out.

They are making most of their money off of Wireless and the Blue Jays, not their Cable TV business.

In their last annual report they apparently lost 104,000 cable customers.

Come on Rogers - I have faith in you.  I'm sure that with Navigatr you'll be able to grow that 104,000 customer loss into 500,000 - maybe even a million - lost customers in time for the next annual report !   Smiley LOL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We received an email yesterday from Rogers saying that we are pre-approved for the new Rogers Platinum MasterCard! WooHoo!!!  Seriously?  (as I bang my head on the table in frustration and disbelief)  I guess Rogers has decided that they should spend their time and energy becoming a bank instead of serving their existing customers.  Why on earth would I sign up for a new product from Rogers when Rogers is failing at its core product (cable), and ignoring pleas from their affected customers?  Doesn't anyone at Rogers get this???

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am not suprised by the NAVIGATR label. I suspect outsourcing is behind most of the problems especially if it is done in India. As long as it compiles those clowns think the job is done.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

THe election is a whole different discussion. Third party code development, especially from India is a cost cutting measure that doesn't work. Been through it and their biggest concern is emigrating here.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@gregneff  Maybe with their own bank they can take out a loan and BUY A CLUE !!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@gregneff wrote:

We received an email yesterday from Rogers saying that we are pre-approved for the new Rogers Platinum MasterCard!

Same here. Junk mail, straight to the recycle bin unopened. Hmmm... Rogers is cutting out ePost, but increasing junk mail? The beancounters have been really busy.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

What's going on? Is the Navigatr cancelled now? Can I downgrade back to the old guide? The PVR list is what I don't like, and now it's even worse because for some reason a specific program was not being grouped into a folder, so there's tons of recordings of this one show flooding the list that won't delete automatically and must be deleted one by one manually, and the PVR keeps getting 100% full.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigatr

In reviewing the Internet, knowledgeable people have found that most of the problem areas are actually from highly reputable Canadian companies with an internation customer base.

My wonder as a person who used to be in charge of outsourcing the provision of all telecom, networking, applications, hardware, and software, and enterprise business apps, I have to wonder if Rogers paid for full support agreements to update software as technology changes, if they tried to do some of this in house with hired contracted staff, or chose to disregard the full package recommendations, or it just went real bad in an unexpected way.  There is no embarrasement in my experience of admitting it went bad in trying to improve things, but you prepare for this reality and have a rollback strategy available (unless maybe the supplier didn't provide this, believing that their product was perfect, and you admit that too and sell how you are going to move forward and have learned from this experience - and an honest and legitimate, our sincerest apologies for all the inconvience this attempt to improve services has been born by a large group of our customers.  We aim to better next time.

Worth a try - end the silence and tell us where we are going.  It is not too much to ask for.

And a possibly for the customer base is start contacting the actuall supplying companies of record.  They may not respond either, but worth a try. The problem accountabillity is with everyone involved.

Bruce

My own guess on Navigtr - they tried to use the Ottawa companies model of rolling IPTV out onto legacy boxes and this was the first stage and it went real bad, and the next stage would after the backends got fully prepared for IPTV, and I suspect a new box or full new application design would be rolled out sometime next year, offering the full service model at a cost, and limited capability on the legacy boxes.

What I still don't get though is the explanation of how boxes outside the effected area can remain on the old software and run as before, yet we are told that our mess cannot be rolled back.  The hardware didn't change, it is a flashing and downloading of the new version, why they cannot offer to rollback by pushing out the same version that is on the other territories boxes. Yes we would lose our recordings, so tell us when you are doing it and we can prepare by watching our shows, and clearing the recordings.

Here is a marketing pitch - coming soon - 4K and full IPTV.  In preparation, we are preparing to put a limited number of the full IPTV options on our legacy boxes.  Those effected boxes in the first rollout will be rolled back to the original versions installed prior to July, and once the fully tested and prepared version is available, we will notify you in order that you can prepare for the wonderfully inhanced experience.

Wouldn't that make a lot of people very happy.

Just suggesting how you can save face by moving back, and preparing us for what is to come and giving us options.

Bruce