New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Manage my PVR has not functioned for me for several days now. So even that route into the PVR has been lost. Just think we are paying for all this!
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ozham as I replied in another thread, Manage PVR is not 100% reliable.  Most of the time it works for me and whenever someone says it's not working, I check mine.  Right now it doesn't see my PVR, only STB1.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@ozham as I replied in another thread, Manage PVR is not 100% reliable.  Most of the time it works for me and whenever someone says it's not working, I check mine.  Right now it doesn't see my PVR, only STB1.

Remote PVR can see all of my boxed except my NB3.

Honest to god, if Bell could get me a speed better than 10mb, Id move to Fibe in a heartbeat at this point.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

MODERATOR:

WHEN WILL ROGERS BE RESPONDING TO SUBSCRIBERS AS TO WHEN FIXES CAN BE EXPECTED?

IT IS NOT UP TO US TO CONTINUALLY CALL TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO FIX PROBLEMS EVERY DAY WHEN RE-BOOTING WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS NONSENSE.

IF YOU QUOTE BACK THE "PARTY LINE", WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, I SHALL SCREAM.

WHEN, WHEN, WHEN??

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Jack,

are you seriously expecting a reply.? The moderators only weigh in if we say something remotely sarcastic or "illegal". This has been going on for almost three months.  Instead of all leaving like we said we would in 30 days then 60 days we are still here.  Rogers is counting on us giving up and adapting.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cut the cord!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS!!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I got an email back in July saying my nextbox would automatically upgrade to the new Navigatr guide. It is now October and that has never happened. Why?  How to I get the upgrade?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Hi everybody, I have come back after a long and needed rest.  

I have worked the phones and chat lines about once per week to keep my position known, but accept the fact that the people on the bottom don't know.  I actually tell them what I know at this point and is there any new knowledge.  If none, I just reiterate that this delay with no communication is unacceptable, and could you please pass my chat up to a higher level and in some cases, I have them open another ticket.  It is not changing anything, but I am not expecting it to; programming is time consuming, and I would rather they spend the time and get it right this time.  I leave satisfied that I have kept the issues in the forefront as best as I can.

I have realized at the end of the day, that in general, I am happy with my services. Tthere are things that bug me, some more than others, I communicate my appreciation for the things I like, the friendly voice on the chat or phone, as well as my concerns and this is why I stay.  

My loyalty has not kept my two daughters who have made the decision to leave - they are young adults, and they have watched what has gone on in the last few months, and so they have done very careful researching and are moving on. I have researched with them, and there really are lots of options out there, and growing everyday with the recent changes from the CRTC to force access to more nodes on the Fiber that all the companies have laid, which means we get more services available like Aurora Communications (used to be cable), Netsavy, and others, and a few new ones coming in who can run all home services, home phone, IPTV, and Internet coming down the Rogers, Telus, Bell, whoever has the wires to your  home, even DSL in the country, but that one is still slow and limited, but is still an new option for TV. AThey have given Rogers a chance to meet what they are loooking for, but have decided that they prefer to go in different directions, which is ok with me. Their rationalle is that the other companies give them more choice to pick and choose exactly what services they do and don't need, getting them the cheapest price along with discounts on the phones they bring. And no it is not Wind, although one seriously considered it, and decided against because of coverage, but she is not in a contract, can leave anytime, and owns her own phone. 

My point of the above is that there are options out there, amazing number of them, all competetive, benefits and risks to all, but they are out there.  At the end of the day, we can learn to live with it, fight it, move on, or even consider a whole life style change - all of these things didn't even exist 20 years ago, and the reality is that in general at my own level of service is still the same as it was 20 years ago in terms of what I consume - quality is  better, cost is higher, but that is to be expected.  We all have a choice, and I respect all of you for whatever you choose.  

So everybody keep speaking up, change will come sooner or later, and if we don't like the change, we speak up again, we decide to walk, or to just live with it.

@Mybubbles65, other than your legitimate desire for the answer to the question of when is it coming, read the threads thoroughly and be patient for it to come and hopefully, you won't experience what all of us have experienced since July When the next change comes, hopefully it will be good, and our own concerns will be dealt with too.  

Frustrating for sure, and you are only asking the same question that the effected ones are asking - when and what? A reasonable question, that remains unanswered, in general, other than to stop the rollout and do what appears to be a serious rethink, leaving you and others who have not seen it waiting and wondering, and those of us who got it wishing we had never seen it. May I suggest a different name when the new one comes out, to remove the bad taste

Only time will tell at this point.  I have been assured at the highest levels that they are seriously working with this, although not some of the other issues I have raised, but I guess they do have to set priorities. I will wait, and continue to ask, but my motto is take the time and get it right next time.

Nice to be back.

Bruce (BS)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Mybubbles65 wrote:

I got an email back in July saying my nextbox would automatically upgrade to the new Navigatr guide. It is now October and that has never happened. Why?  How to I get the upgrade?

Believe me (and almost everyone else who has posted here for the last 3 months - which will explain the WHY if you go back and read the posts) you DO NOT want Navigatr.

At present you'd probably have to provide paperwork from your doctor that you were certifiably insane to actually WANT to get Navigatr.  Or move to one of the "infected zones" that received it last July, where everyone is being driven insane having to deal with it on a daily basis.