New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Well, I hope Rogers finally fixes all the issues, including the colour and font.  It's now been 2 months of Navigatr with no real changes.   But I wish they would let customers know something, anything or even a tentative date of when it's all going to be fixed.  I really miss the old menu look.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Having some familiarity with software programming and computer hardware I doubt this is an easy fix or a fix that can be done in steps. Usually one change dramaticaly effects another and so on. I'm guessing they are back to the drawing board and looking for a more significant change.

Considering that everyone knows and is well aware of how bad it is and the fact that for this reason they are not putting it into amy further regions, it would be nice if they just admitted their mistake and gave us some hope for the future. They might even get to keep more customers that way while looking responsible at the same time.

The cynic in me though says - that is highly unlikley.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:
One of the many things I hate about the NextBox is that you can't "slow down" the rate at which you fast forward. I keep pressing the rewind button to slow it down and (of course) it simply starts going backwards.

This is the same way it works on the previous RTN 5.1 version.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Instead of feeding Rogers and their vendor a useful set of test cases and wasting your precious time on Earth on this thread, just cancel any and all services you're not contractually locked into.  Nothing speaks louder than attrition and lost revenue.  They're a large organisation.  It will take at least 8 - 12 months before all the terminations, resignations, law suits, et cetera play out on this less than brilliant project.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

"This is the same way it works on the previous RTN 5.1 version."

Didn't say it was a recent problem - just said I hated it. It seems to me to be poor design.
Highlighted

@ozham Wrote ".....I have managed to access PVR control om my Android tablet by login in on my PC computer and sending the url of the page to my tablet via email. The tablet is using Android Lollipop  software release."

Now that is interesting info. Will have to give that a try. Thanks. (How long before Rogers shuts THAT down?!)

Highlighted

"Nothing speaks louder than attrition and lost revenue. "

Agreed 100% and I plan to do just that as I outlined yesterday. Sadly my choices are limited as the only competition in my area is satellite and I just don't want to go there.

P.S. How do you quote messages in this forum? Replying to the post doesn't work and I see nothing in the tools pull-down etc.
Highlighted

@JonBoy49 Wrote "P.S. How do you quote messages in this forum? Replying to the post doesn't work and I see nothing in the tools pull-down etc. "

Nothing simple, I'm afraid JonBoy, as is usual with Rogers. Copy the text you want to quote. Hit Reply. Hit the @ symbol and a bunch of usernames pop up. Click on the one you want. Now type and paste the text in.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

When you click Reply, there is a QUOTE button in the top right hand corner of the editor.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR:

Thanks for pointing that out. I've wondered about it too.