cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nextbox Navigator

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

My wife was just moving through the new navigator and has the following questions, concerns.

The first screens for the guide are fine, but the fonts are a bit small, even on a 46 inch TV. We are all getting old, let's not forget us.

In the section for listing and managing recordings, the boxes cut off the full names of the shows, don't show dates, would rather have option of old list style with all details right in one spot.

When looking at multiple shows, you have to go to each listed show recorded, but there is no reference to the date until you highlight the show. Then this highlighted information on the show is even smaller and I have almost perfect vision after my cataract surgury, and I can barely read it. My wife can't read it at all. You do have the date on the top right that is in a bigger font, but the show information is almost unreadable and my 24 year old daughter who just came in also comment that it is almost unreadable.

Is there an option for increasing font size and changing to a list view rather than the boxes on the list of the recordings page. Don't like the box feature or the way the contents view at all for the above reasons. See little or benefit for this change.

Otherwise, I am kind of indifferent to the new layout, but do like some features.  I will probably turn off the banner across the bottom off in settings. I can get the same information from the guide.

Yes, there is a bit of getting used to change, but some of this change seems to be change for the sake of change. I do like that it takes less clicking to move around though, it just the display formats and font sizes that are creating legitimate problems for my family.

BS

***Edited Labels***

1,698 REPLIES 1,698

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor

<quote>Guess you missed my post (#889 in this thread) warning of that.</quote>

Nope - didn't mis it Neil - why else do you think I checked that it was set so many times!

Thanks for the link though.

I have requested the series - again - and so far it shows 2 recordings scheduled. Quite why Thursday is not showing up is anybody's guess but we'll see if it gets it this time.

JonBoy49
One of the many things I hate about the NextBox is that you can't "slow down" the rate at which you fast forward. I keep pressing the rewind button to slow it down and (of course) it simply starts going backwards.

neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

<quote>Guess you missed my post (#889 in this thread) warning of that.</quote>

Nope - didn't mis it Neil - why else do you think I checked that it was set so many times!

Thanks for the link though.

I have requested the series - again - and so far it shows 2 recordings scheduled. Quite why Thursday is not showing up is anybody's guess but we'll see if it gets it this time.

When you checked Navigatr did it show it was scheduled as "The Daily Show With Trevor Noah" (though you probably have to dig 57 levels down into the tiles to see that, as I'm sure it's too long to fit on the tile itself).   Smiley Very Happy

PS - when you schedule a new series only the first two days appear at first (always worked this way on RTN).  The rest of the week should appear overnight, after around 2am, when it deletes programs whose count has reached "Save for 0 more days", and it schedules Series recordings.

I do agree this is by far the worst product  from Rogers. I don't wish it on anybody else. We are suffering for you.Hibiscus

JonBoy49
Yes it did. On the web it showed the little dots, and on the box itself I drilled down into the tile and confirmed it was set up.

Today when I tried to reschedule it the dots did not appear on the web interface so I tried again only to be told that it was already scheduled. Confirmed at lunch time that it was on the box.

Apparently the web interface can sometimes show zero shows scheduled when there are in fact a number of them. Two hours later they all showed up.