New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@diron if you mean Manage PVR, it's working for me right now with Windows 7 and Firefox. I don't have a Nextbox or Navigatr, but I can't see where that would have anything to do with the web interface. I have noticed, however, that signing into Rogers has been hit-or-miss tha last couple of days again.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Manage PVR in the http://www.rogersondemand.com/ interface "works" for me. Other than having the PVR "lose" scheduled recordings anyway.

I have had 5 different tickets with support to get the iPad app working. They are now telling me (for the third time) that they need to send a technician out to fix it. Seriously?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

The "feature" whereby the Nextbox doesn't record scheduled programs bit me last night and as a result I missed the first episode of the new Daily Show season.

I had been waiting for this for weeks so last Tuesday I scheduled the series via the web interface while I was on the road. On Wednesday I checked to make sure that the series was marked for recording - it was.  Returned home on Saturday and checked with the NB interface that it was scheduled - it was scheduled for 4 episodes - correct!

Got up this morning - went to watch the program - nada. Not only had it not recrded it had completely forgotten the series.

I have had enough of this and the minute I am home long enough to get it sorted will be getting an antenna installed, purchasing a Tivo Roamio (https://www.tivo.com/shop/roamio#/roamio for others seeking escape) and telling Rogers where they can stick their pathetic excuse for a system.

@JonBoy49

Guess you missed my post (#889 in this thread) warning of that.

Well you can catch the missed episode at:

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/shows/thedailyshow

Highlighted

@OLDYELLR wrote "....Today's ads are designed to get the message across even if you just catch a glimpse.  The 3 minute skip is hit-or-miss and you may have to still back up or FF."

I treat it as my own little family contest; who can get to be the best at holding FF at the fastest speed until JUST the right moment to hit PLAY and have it land perfectly in time with the end of the break!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Of course if I could skip all breaks automatically, I'd miss returning series and other announcements. Most of my scheduled "first run" series seem to be coming back now by themselves. What about you Navigatr-impaired customers?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

<quote>Guess you missed my post (#889 in this thread) warning of that.</quote>

Nope - didn't mis it Neil - why else do you think I checked that it was set so many times!

Thanks for the link though.

I have requested the series - again - and so far it shows 2 recordings scheduled. Quite why Thursday is not showing up is anybody's guess but we'll see if it gets it this time.

Highlighted

One of the many things I hate about the NextBox is that you can't "slow down" the rate at which you fast forward. I keep pressing the rewind button to slow it down and (of course) it simply starts going backwards.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

<quote>Guess you missed my post (#889 in this thread) warning of that.</quote>

Nope - didn't mis it Neil - why else do you think I checked that it was set so many times!

Thanks for the link though.

I have requested the series - again - and so far it shows 2 recordings scheduled. Quite why Thursday is not showing up is anybody's guess but we'll see if it gets it this time.

When you checked Navigatr did it show it was scheduled as "The Daily Show With Trevor Noah" (though you probably have to dig 57 levels down into the tiles to see that, as I'm sure it's too long to fit on the tile itself).   Smiley Very Happy

PS - when you schedule a new series only the first two days appear at first (always worked this way on RTN).  The rest of the week should appear overnight, after around 2am, when it deletes programs whose count has reached "Save for 0 more days", and it schedules Series recordings.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I do agree this is by far the worst product  from Rogers. I don't wish it on anybody else. We are suffering for you.Hibiscus

Highlighted

Yes it did. On the web it showed the little dots, and on the box itself I drilled down into the tile and confirmed it was set up.

Today when I tried to reschedule it the dots did not appear on the web interface so I tried again only to be told that it was already scheduled. Confirmed at lunch time that it was on the box.

Apparently the web interface can sometimes show zero shows scheduled when there are in fact a number of them. Two hours later they all showed up.