cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nextbox Navigator

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

My wife was just moving through the new navigator and has the following questions, concerns.

The first screens for the guide are fine, but the fonts are a bit small, even on a 46 inch TV. We are all getting old, let's not forget us.

In the section for listing and managing recordings, the boxes cut off the full names of the shows, don't show dates, would rather have option of old list style with all details right in one spot.

When looking at multiple shows, you have to go to each listed show recorded, but there is no reference to the date until you highlight the show. Then this highlighted information on the show is even smaller and I have almost perfect vision after my cataract surgury, and I can barely read it. My wife can't read it at all. You do have the date on the top right that is in a bigger font, but the show information is almost unreadable and my 24 year old daughter who just came in also comment that it is almost unreadable.

Is there an option for increasing font size and changing to a list view rather than the boxes on the list of the recordings page. Don't like the box feature or the way the contents view at all for the above reasons. See little or benefit for this change.

Otherwise, I am kind of indifferent to the new layout, but do like some features.  I will probably turn off the banner across the bottom off in settings. I can get the same information from the guide.

Yes, there is a bit of getting used to change, but some of this change seems to be change for the sake of change. I do like that it takes less clicking to move around though, it just the display formats and font sizes that are creating legitimate problems for my family.

BS

***Edited Labels***

1,698 REPLIES 1,698

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@diron if you mean Manage PVR, it's working for me right now with Windows 7 and Firefox. I don't have a Nextbox or Navigatr, but I can't see where that would have anything to do with the web interface. I have noticed, however, that signing into Rogers has been hit-or-miss tha last couple of days again.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Manage PVR in the http://www.rogersondemand.com/ interface "works" for me. Other than having the PVR "lose" scheduled recordings anyway.

I have had 5 different tickets with support to get the iPad app working. They are now telling me (for the third time) that they need to send a technician out to fix it. Seriously?

neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

The "feature" whereby the Nextbox doesn't record scheduled programs bit me last night and as a result I missed the first episode of the new Daily Show season.

I had been waiting for this for weeks so last Tuesday I scheduled the series via the web interface while I was on the road. On Wednesday I checked to make sure that the series was marked for recording - it was.  Returned home on Saturday and checked with the NB interface that it was scheduled - it was scheduled for 4 episodes - correct!

Got up this morning - went to watch the program - nada. Not only had it not recrded it had completely forgotten the series.

I have had enough of this and the minute I am home long enough to get it sorted will be getting an antenna installed, purchasing a Tivo Roamio (https://www.tivo.com/shop/roamio#/roamio for others seeking escape) and telling Rogers where they can stick their pathetic excuse for a system.

@JonBoy49

Guess you missed my post (#889 in this thread) warning of that.

Well you can catch the missed episode at:

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/shows/thedailyshow

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote "....Today's ads are designed to get the message across even if you just catch a glimpse.  The 3 minute skip is hit-or-miss and you may have to still back up or FF."

I treat it as my own little family contest; who can get to be the best at holding FF at the fastest speed until JUST the right moment to hit PLAY and have it land perfectly in time with the end of the break!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Of course if I could skip all breaks automatically, I'd miss returning series and other announcements. Most of my scheduled "first run" series seem to be coming back now by themselves. What about you Navigatr-impaired customers?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario