New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hello @park,

Glad it worked for you! Thanks for sharing. 

RogersHassam 

park
I'm an Advisor

@krap wrote:

@ot_man wrote:

I haven't seen this mentioned yet  (or I could of missed it)..... but has anyone noticed since the new Navigatr was downloaded, the call display function no longer works on NB2 boxes.  And if you have a NB3, its basically white lettering displayed over what you happen to be watching at the time.  So if you happen to be watching something with a lot of white, you can't see the call info.

Also, when I go into the call logs, it is blank.

In case anyone is asking, I've rebooted my NB 2s and 3s at least twice before posting this.

Just checked: Yes on my NB3 The incoming call does display as a white overlay, and hard to see over a light bkgd. Channel 975 call logs are filled in. Noticed that if you just rebooted it is blank, and takes a  while to reload that info.. 

Hello  @ot_man.  An update for you:

On the NB3 that I factory reseted earlier today, the incoming call display looks great, framed w a black bkgd etc.

much like it like it did with the old guide.  Still white on the other NB3.  

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@park but can you pause what you're watching to answer the phone?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
bmacdon618
I've Been Around

Agree 100%. The worst software upgrade I've ever seen. Even worse than Windows Vista!

They must have had the same guys who did that one working on this one.

James1986
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been waiting like many others, for my nextbox update. I have not received any updates and I would like to note I have heard the new update is terrible? I have to admit the nextbox 3.0 software is terrible, and Rogers does not care. As for my question, why does my nextbox 3.0 reboot many times, and never download any new software? I have been recording programs and the Nextbox will reboot out of nowhere?

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

In answer, can you pause when a phone call comes in - not until the banner and options for the call disappear. Once the banner for the app disappears, you have control of the tv again. But not hundred percent sure. Never been an issue - most of my calls are telemarketers, so I push the A very fast. Smiley Happy

Bruce

James1986
I've Been Here Awhile

I do not own any home phone services with rogers. I have T.V (V.I.P), wireless and internet
James1986
I've Been Here Awhile

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:

In answer, can you pause when a phone call comes in - not until the banner and options for the call disappear. Once the banner for the app disappears, you have control of the tv again. But not hundred percent sure. Never been an issue - most of my calls are telemarketers, so I push the A very fast. Smiley Happy

Bruce

Okay, I was just wondering because I seem to recall you couldn't pause what you were watching pre-Navigatr, so the call didplay wasn't as useful, but I could be wrong. How about getting rid of the banner with the Exit button and then pausing? (I have neither a Rogers home phone, a Nextbox or Navigatr.)

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
ot_man
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi krap.  Thanks for the update.

Yeah I am not going to do a factory reset on my NB3.  Its probably just telemarketers calling me.  Smiley Very Happy  Besides, I still have my old reliable DECT 6 cordless phone that tells me who is calling.   That and I still have  a few days worth of recordings I still need to watch.

Side note...and I admit it is partially my fault... when I go to channel 975 on my NB3, I see the call log.  I went back to my NB2s and still no numbers were listed.  I  looked a little more carefully at my TV screen and it actually said on the bottom of the screen  "Not registered" and that I had to call Rogers.  Hmm... an update that accidentally wiped some of my settings....say it isn't so.

Just out of interest my NB2 says its still running Software Version 5.2.0.0230, UI version 3.1.5.24.04.09.11/28392.  I'll assume my NB3 is running the same version ( can't check right now...wife watching something ).  Are you running a different release from me?