New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Thanks @roxandtreez, I'll go look for it now!
I Plan to Stick Around

Someone just started a change.org petition calling for a rollback of Navigatr. A great way to let Rogers know how many of us are demanding they do so. Let's not disappoint them...

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-com-rogers-please-rollback-navigatr-for-nextbox?recruiter=369614048&...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Signed this as well!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone had any luck reaching Ron Perrotta, SVP Residential Services? Apparently this thing is his baby (or perhaps I should say "stillborn fetus"). I've called the Rogers main number a couple of times during the day (number can be found here). The first time I asked the receptionist for him and I was transferred to the voicemail of his assistant Nikki. I left a message explaining our frustration with Navigatr and asked for a call back. No callback received.

A couple of days ago I tried again. This time I was advised by the receptionist that she has been instructed to route all calls about complaints regarding Navigatr to the Office of the President. This suggests either there's been so much feedback that his office can't handle it, or that his office doesn't care and they'll handle the complaints by dishing out credits.

I have figured out a neat trick though. If you call the number in the evening when there's no receptionist and use the directory to look up Ron Perrotta, you'll be connected directly to his personal voicemail. I've now left him two messages this way. No callback yet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the link shan-man.  I signed as well.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've signed as well and shared on Facebook. Hope we can get Rogers to do the right thing.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@shan-man wrote:
I've had a Suits series recording set up since before the switch to Navikrap. After deleting last week's episode the tile disappeared. I assumed it was the previously mentioned problem where series with no shows scheduled don't show up at all. I now discover this evening that Suits wasn't recorded last night. Is there any indication why? Nope. Because Suits is on hiatus and Navigatr therefore won't show me if its still scheduled for recording.

To make it clear to Rogers:

1. Navigatr doesn't show ANY listing for scheduled series when there's no episodes in the current guide.
2. Navigatr is not recording things that it should.
3. Just give up on Navigatr already. You know it's inevitable once you unleash the Navigatr on the larger market,

Cartianly roilling-back is an easy fix. But Rogers wants to press on fixing what might just be unfixable.

Anyway simple fix for this annoyance is show empty series (i.e. no recordings and none yet scheduled) with a scheuled (0) in the tiny-text.

On an more general topic (and maybe this should be a NEW TOPIC in this Forum),

what can Rogers do to make Navigatr better than the old guide ?

Certainly surveying customers who have been subjected to the flaweed version for a month is one great idea.

And by a recent post, it looks like that is underway.

Let's also share and discuss our ideas for new/better capabilities. 

Please look for my one of my favourites, if I may steal from The next(?) US President in the hopefully new topic HOW TO MAKE ROGERS PVRs GREAT, AGAIN.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

This topic should focus on NEW things that would make the Navigatr PVR function superior to the old guide.

One good feature of the new Navigatr is that it remembers which recording you last were watching.

So if you are flipping between a live show and a recorded one (e.g.during commercials) or wanna watch

a few baseball games or newscasts at the same time etc. this is helpful. 

I don't recall if the old guide did that.  I don't think it did.

However it takes a few button pushes to do the flipping.

Could Rogers program the [last] key to flip is to the last thing watched, not just  a live TV channel ?

One button to go between a live show during commercials to a recorded one.

Most of the time, commercials appear all at the same time, so flipping channels on live TV is often a waste of time.

In my case it would be neat if the [last] key could also do [2nd last] as well. e.g. by hiiting the button a 2nd time within a few seconds.  But that may be confusing to some.

A few minutes after initial post: Hilarous/ ridiculous

Tried to create a new extermely positive thread about making the New PVR software even better than the old one  and guess what?....  the thread get crushed and the post ends up here !

Over and OUT !

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

No, don't. If you have new ideas for PVRs, part them in the Idea Box forum where they belong.

This thread is already clogged up enough already.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jinx8910 Wrote "So today I received an e-mail survey from an "independent" company. It was all about the Rogers Navigatr and what did I think of various changes. Every question was based on the issues addressed on these 65 pages. I hope others are getting it and responding..."

Yes I did and yes I did!

In general, I don't have a problem with the new "Guide" but when it came to the questions regarding the PVR side of things well they got negatives all round from me.