New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Mjgrayon

Have you thought about giving the retention center a call. They seem to have more options available to them than the ordinary tech support and other groups. Perhaps they could swap out your box or come up with another solution. I have found that they were able to fix problems I had in the past with billing problems and other things.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

More Fun and Games @ DigitalHome about Navigatr (on Rogers Facebook page)

LINK

The person is arguing that we are against Navigatr because its NEW and we just don't like to change.

They miss the point completely. 

There is nothing NEW about it when it come to the PVR portion.

Its just same old PVR record/play/organize/delete in a different dress, one which does not fit well, has a few parts missing, and in some cases has wiped-out the things its supposed to help us manage.

People will adapt and even embrace change if there is some benefit/value.

As other have said, "Where's the beef with Navigatr ?"

Anyone recall what a phone looked like a few years ago ?  It was black, bulky, used indoors only, and had a tail.

No screen, no keyboard/just a dial, you could not move it more than few feet, and certainly lacked a camera. Heck it could not even play music, let alone let you watch TV on it !

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm disapponted that it's been almost a month and they still haven't fixed the font issue.  I don't even mind the tile feature but the font needs to be changed.  The name of the channel is so small you can't make it out at all.

I guess they really don't care.  I don't think it's a reason for me to switch to Bell for cable but it's really annoying.  I keep on waiting to see if they do an update that fixes the font issue but I guess it's going to take a few years at this rate to change anything.  

The one thing that keeps me with Rogers is the customer service reps, most of them are pretty good and great service.  I was with Bell for Home Phone and their customer service is crap.   But Bell is always offering me really good deals to switch so I just might try it again and see how it goes if they give me a really good deal but it's a lot of work to switch services.   

I can't imagine how terrible the roll out for the new government regulated cable packages and channels are going to be next year.  Rogers can't even get the Navigatr right I can't imagine the mess the new t.v. channel system will be.  

I also called Rogers for a small issue last week and mentioned the Navigatr and the girl (who was super nice and helpful) told me she wasn't fully aware of the issues with it.  I was surprised since this is such a huge problem with the PVRs but I guess not everyone at Rogers is aware still.  She was so kind though and when I complained about the font, she wanted to find someone that could help me with it but I told her there was no solutions to it because I called in before for that reason.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed while watching a movie on Shomi last night that the skip forward control only works at one speed now. I used to be able to increase the speed I could scan forward or reverse from slow to fast. Now it just shows one diamond which can't be changed. 

One other possible glitch. We had a power failure mid-way through the movie. The Box rebooted when the power came back on but I had to re-start the movie from the beginning. I think it used to remember the spot on the movie and you could resume.  

Anyone else notice.  Using a NextBox 3 with Navigatr ... Otherwise seems to be working ok. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sailorman:

I can't comment on the Shomi situation. I have Shomi in my Rogers package but I never find anything on it I want to watch.

But I can comment on the power failure experience. Last week during a storm in the Oshawa area, I experienced 2 power failures about 30 minutes apart. I was watching a recorded sports program at the time and in each instance the recording reverted back to the beginning when the NB3 had rebooted. So Navigatr is not storing an ongoing recording position for use in the event of power outage. As you also say, I think the previous RTN version had this capability. Perhaps someone still 'blessed' with RTN1 could comment. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Nope - in previous version (RTN 5.1 - and earlier versions) if you have a power failure, or the box freezes, or Rogers pushes out an update while you are watching a recording (as happened to me at 3am today) it will NOT keep your "bookmark" and you will have to search for the point you were at.  That was fun fast forwarding through a 4 hour race, but if you can't increase the fast forward speed, or indeed use it at all (as with On Demand) then it's a REAL pain.  This is the sort of thing Rogers COULD have spent development dollars on (fixing those sort of bugs, and others) instead of wasting it on this stupid new user interface.

They probably can't do anything about leaving a bookmark if you have a power failure, so for that reason I have a UPS to plug my PVR into.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

PROBLEMS WITH -­‐ ROGER’s NEW “NAVIGATR” GUIDE

1. Pushing LIST (greenbutton) – now get numerous Boxes with all the episodes in them
-­‐ the old Guide a List of all Recorded programs in Chronological Order was given –
that was

100% preferable.

2. Pushing LIST a second time – now gives nothing ?
-­‐ on the old Guide we saw a Chronological List of Scheduled Recordings,

NOW one has to go to each Box to see if it was Scheduled to be recorded ??

-­‐ How is that easier and less “clicks” ??

1. The Program descriptionS are much TOO small to see even when watching a 50” screen from

about 12 ft away – (I have 20/20 vision) ?

2. In the “Recorded” Program box – the date only is given – NOT the time or the Channel?

5. When entering a BOX in Navigatr – there were 4 Recorded programs. I deleted 3 of them ... but the whole BOX disappeared ? One should have remained.

6. The “MORE LIKE THIS” suggestions are absolutely LUDRICRUS !!
e.g. – Recorded Program was “Documentary – on Legend of Lead Belly” (a Blues Doc.). The

Movies listed as “Like this” -­‐ were – “Mall Cop-­‐2” and “American Heist” ... each costing 7 or 8 dollars. How low can you go ???

7. Re On Demand Movies – cannot use INFO button to information. -­‐ Cancel – does not work

-­‐ Screen freezes – often
-­‐ The year of the movie is not given

8. One of the main PROBLEMS with all descriptions of Movies, Series and shows is completely WRONG – notes do not apply to the program.

-­‐ often

-­‐ Sometimes NO descriptions at all.
-­‐ Often NO Year or Actors given in the Movie descriptions
-­‐ for Series – why is the Season and the Episode Number never given in the description??

I would expect better from ROGERS ??!!

9. When seeing the red light on the NEXTBOX, then trying to check what is being recorded – Previously a simple push of the LIST button would show you – now you have to search through all of the Boxes and you may get a Red dot ??

10. Re a list of Recorded programs in a “Box”: -­‐ have to scroll down to the first recorded program, push Watch – then if you Stop the program it goes back to the newest program?

HOW is the new NAVIGATR better that the previous system ??

Now thinking of checking out BELL so see if theirs is any better!! John Webb ( a long time user of ROGERS – over 25 years) !!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Sailorman Wrote"I noticed while watching a movie on Shomi last night that the skip forward control only works at one speed now. I used to be able to increase the speed I could scan forward or reverse from slow to fast. Now it just shows one diamond which can't be changed. "

Can't say that I've noticed that with Shomi, but I'm not at home to test right now. Will let you know if I remember to have a look.

Highlighted

Good afternoon @Mjgrayon,

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved.

Since looking into this issue you’ve described involves accessing your account, I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps.

Please check your messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@may1040 Wrote "6. The “MORE LIKE THIS” suggestions are absolutely LUDRICRUS !!
e.g. – Recorded Program was “Documentary – on Legend of Lead Belly” (a Blues Doc.). The

Movies listed as “Like this” -­‐ were – “Mall Cop-­‐2” and “American Heist” ... each costing 7 or 8 dollars. How low can you go ???"

Come on now. "American Heist" is presumably about an American heist and the doc you were watching was presumably about the Blues in America. There's your connection! Also, "Mall Cop 2" has an 'L' in the title just like the doc you were watching. Logical when you think about it.  Smiley Frustrated