New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@. wrote:

A relevent article in Canadian Business, a Rogers publication:

Interesting company name.

How to handle a public relations crisis

4 tips for putting out fires from John Ratchford, principal of Navigator, Canada’s top crisis communications firm.

John Ratchford, general counsel and principal, at Navigator, the country’s top crisis communications firm, shares his hard-won knowledge on why acting like an ostrich is always a bad strategy:

Link to full article:

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/innovation/how-to/handle-a-pr-crisis/

I mentioned it before sometime. Navigatr and Navigator. Navigator is the PR firm that was retained by road rage killer Michael Bryant, who eventually didn't even have to stand trial.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

We may need that kind of expertise after we drive by RogersHQ 😉
I'm a Senior Advisor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Well, it's a better experience than giving yourself a frontal lobotomy.

I suppose we could ask the Navigatr developers about that.

A bottle in front of me is better than a frontal lobotomy.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Meanwhile over on ROGERS FACEBOOK Page, The roll-out continues to more happy customers !

• Shxx Axxxxxx you just deleted every. single. thing. on my PVR. this is blowing my mind. you are REALLY upping the ante here, and throwing money and offers at me isn't going to fix this. JUST LET ME OPT OUT.
  •  
  • Rogers Again, we do apologize for the issues you're experiencing, but we are unable to rollback the upgrade. If you would like assistance with troubleshootin we would be more than happy to help. -Heather

•  
  • Shxx Axxxxxxxx navigatr is the absolute worst. the fact that customers aren't being given the choice to opt out of this software update while rogers works out the kinks is ridiculous. the yellow and purple menu (that i had until yesterday) was fast, reliable, easy to navigate and understand. now, i'm experiencing a 1-10 second delay with every single command, and that's after three box reboots and FOUR phone calls in the 24 hours since this nightmare was forced on me. the "list" of recorded programs is no longer a list at all, just a slow page of enormous boxes that you have to scroll all the way through (slowly, i might add) in order to access your "recording" or "to be recorded" programs. the average delay to get into the list at all now is 5 seconds. it makes absolutely no sense that rogers would force this poorly tested, poorly organized system on paying customers without giving them the option to go back to their old, actually functional menus. awful.

•  

• Rogers Hi Shxx, we're sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the new cable interface! We are listening to the feedback received & hope you enjoy the updates being made to enhance the enjoyment of the software. - André
  •  

• Shxx Axxxxxxxx just let me opt out. i'm fully aware that you've received thousands of customer complaints from people wanting the exact same thing. to restrict your customers like this is pretty warped.
  •  

Rogers We do apologize but we are unable to rollback the upgrade. If you're experiencing issues with the box we can try some troubleshooting. -Heather
I'm an Advisor

Check out the fun and games at Rogers Facebook page.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Please , please roll out the new updates to Toronto!!!

No one will listen to us in outer slobovia.  Perhaps when hundreds of thousands of city dwellers start complaining some of the deaf ears at Rogers will perk up.  Where on earth do these executives live that they are so oblivious to the problems?

For now, we are on our own.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Jack22 wrote:

Please , please roll out the new updates to Toronto!!!

No one will listen to us in outer slobovia.  Perhaps when hundreds of thousands of city dwellers start complaining some of the deaf ears at Rogers will perk up.  Where on earth do these executives live that they are so oblivious to the problems?

For now, we are on our own.

Jack,

From the lack of comment/action I must surmise Rogers executives all live down in the Diefenbunker in Carp ON.

I Plan to Stick Around

wrote:
> 2. How do I access my recordings that currently aren't showing any saved shows? I used to be able to see all my set recordings so I know in the fall these shows are set and/or I can change them.

YES! This is horrible. If there are no upcoming episodes of a series, the tile dissapears entirely! How can I review or change my recording settings for shows that are on hiatus?
I Plan to Stick Around

Given Roger's commitment to delivering such rock-solid software on NextBoxes, I'm considering signing up for their Smart Home Monitoring. What could go wrong?
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else following this thread having issues accessing Shomi or other On Demand channels since the Navigatr update. I can access the channels but couldn't download any content. Tried a full reboot and after waiting 30 minutes seems to be working again.