New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Just happened to be browsing a few comments above this one;

"The Community Forum is for user to user comments".  I had not realized this as I actually thought that someone from Rogers was actually reading our comments and actively trying to do something about this diasaster.

Why will they not answer the one question  "When will you address all of us as to what you are attempting to do and when we can expect a fix"?

This has gone on far too long.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Everyone,

I joined this forum for the first time today just to complain about this new Navigatr.  

I don't have PVR so I'm not experiencing the tons of issues people are having with that from what I've read here.   I was playing with the idea of possibly getting a PVR one day but not after reading this thread.

My complaint about the Navigatr is the font size.  It is way too small for my eyes to see.  You can't make out the channel name which is very annoying.  I don't have every channel memorized so it's hard to remember at times.  The font showing the channel number is not that big too and some numbers blur together for me.  

The program name font is somewhat acceptable but the time and the category of the show is way too small.  The menu also stays on for too short of a time and I constantly have to press for it to pop up again and it's hard to scroll through.

The desription of the shows are horrible too, too small font.  The aqua colour of the tile is ugly as well.  The whole thing is terrible and I can't imagine the problems with the PVR.

I am not impressed with the new Navigatr.  My parents are seniors with bad vision and it's terrible for them to read.  I also have a small t.v. in my room and I often have to go really close to read everything clearly.

I am not sure who designed this but it's ugly and hard on the eyes.  I realize my vision is not 20/20 but this menu system does nothing to help.  

I called in today and spoke to someone who sounded annoyed when I brought up the font size.  I am guessing they are getting a lot of complaints.  I asked if there was something in the settings I could change but no.  I honestly don't think Rogers really cares.

I cared enough to make a post here but I am not sure what else to say.  I enjoy my t.v. service from Rogers and they've always been helpful but their hardware from the internet modems to the PVRs are not up to a standard of quality I would expect.  

I hope they can fix the issues but I don't think it will be.  I really miss the old menu and I'm not sure why they switched in the first place. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jack22 said:

""The Community Forum is for user to user comments".  I had not realized this as I actually thought that someone from Rogers was actually reading our comments and actively trying to do something about this disaster."

I'm confident "someone" from Rogers is following these posts as I've had some of my comments edited and moved. Unfortunately, that seems to be about all I ever hear from any of the moderators.

Like you, Jack22, I was curious about what action(s), if any, might come from all of these posts so I decided to contact one of the moderators via a private message. Below is the response I received:

"We are always listening here in the Rogers Community Forums and we do take all discussion and feedback seriously. Just check out the 'Feedback Leads to Fine-Tuning New Bill'.

When we have any new information I assure it will be posted here in the Community ASAP.

Stay tuned!"

I don't know what happened with the new bill, what fine-tuning was done, or how long it took for something to happen (nor do I really care), but in my opinion this response is really a non-response that tells me absolutely nothing other than not to count on anything changing anytime soon.

I've worked in the service industry and I have great sympathy for all the customer reps that are having to deal with the frustrations of the consumers who can't get answers. If only someone sitting in one of the corner offices would take five minutes to at least acknowledge the issues and assure us things are happening, it would go a long way. Ideally, maybe they could even provide us with an update as to when this "new information" I've been promised might be forthcoming.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am also infuriated with Rogers for this senseless downgrading of the interface for nextbox. I have registered my complaints both by phone and in writing. I have requested they reinstate the old format and they say they can't, therefore I can't continue to give them my business. I'll be contacting Bell this week, that may get their attention!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Hcoates wrote:
I'll be contacting Bell this week, that may get their attention!

Don't count on it.

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Hcoates, I would believe that Rogers can't restore the recordings erased by Navigatr, but I refuse to believe that they can't revert back to what was before Navigatr. The only reason not to would be some contractural deal with the software developers that would be too costly to reverse (like the Ontario Liberal government cancelling their wind turbine contracts) or just saving face.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe when they don't see my monthly contribution they will see the light.
Highlighted

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@Hcoates, I would believe that Rogers can't restore the recordings erased by Navigatr, but I refuse to believe that they can't revert back to what was before Navigatr. The only reason not to would be some contractural deal with the software developers that would be too costly to reverse (like the Ontario Liberal government cancelling their wind turbine contracts) or just saving face.

Rogers doesn't need to save face, they'll just come up with another new one, like Navigatr.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

This new Navigatr thing is at most a few weeks work. 
Redoing the mixed up and incomplete state diagrams is the hardest part.  So, either:

1. Rogers grossly overpaid, or

2. Rogers slapped this thing together to get out from ongoing payments for the old one, or

3. Rogers got snookered by their software supplier, or

4. All of the above.

Highlighted

Hi Hcoates. I've noticed quite a few people already saying they're leaving Rogers because of Navigatr (and other issues that have bothered them for a long time that have not been addressed) - and Rogers may be noticing the egress of customers - but they obviously don't care enough to cancel the roll-out of Navigatr - so Hcoates - I think you need to start talking with your friends and neighbors and get on your social media and express your anger about this issue.

One person who had her 8642 ERASED last week said she talked to her neighbors - and ALL TWENTY OF HER NEIGHBORS had their PVR's erased as well.

Maybe Rogers will act if she talks to all her neighbors about FORCING Rogers to do something about this abortion they call an "upgrade."