New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hassam,

The link is here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/412

I pointed out days ago that they can't even spell "Owen Sound".

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Hassam,

The link is here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/412

I pointed out days ago that they can't even spell "Owen Sound".

Or do a google seeach on their own web site !

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@krap wrote:

Can someone (preferably from Rogers) comment on the accuracy of this information which is still posted on

Rogers Web site.

When will I see NAVIGATR roll out to my NextBox?

Starting July 28th - Newmarket, Oshawa, Ajax, Brampton, Mississauga and Milton

Starting August 4th - Ottawa, Grand River area, London, St. Thomas, Woodstock, Strathroy and Tillsonburg

Starting August 6th - Toronto and Etobicoke

Starting August 11th - Scarborough, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Borden, Orillia, Keswick, Orangeville, Caledon, Grand Valley, Bolton, Collingwood, Elmvale, Midland and Owend Sound

• [Stage 1] - went ahead on schedule - I can personally confirm Aurora & Newmarket got it early morning Tuesday 28th, while posts here and elsewhere confirm Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, and Whitby(next to Ajax) got it the same morning. Milton.. haven't seen any posts.
• [Stage 2] - did not go ahead as scheduled (confirmation elsewhere on Tues 4th from both Ottawa and Waterloo/Grand River), and we have multiple sources saying further Navigatr rollouts have been postponed (I was told today by 7 days) due to the issues encountered at Stage 1 (drive-wiping for sure, and I assume PIN lockout and initial settings issues are what they're referring to, not actual general usability bugs/design flaws).
• [Stage 3 & 4] - hasn't happened yet* and surely must be also be delayed.

Reason for the * above can be found below (skip to the bold parts, if you're short on time) :

Yesterday (Tuesday 4th), I spoke again with the Agent in the Office of the President who had kindly assisted me on Friday, chasing down someone for me (story in my post: "Navigatr: FULL STEAM AHEAD"). It was a relatively good conversation, the best of the past week (with Rogers), with him listening, agreeing, and admitting that my points were  valid/that they screwed up (multiple times)/that they need to improve. It was nice to know that I was dealing with someone who had already proven himself to me to be capable and efficient. However...

I asked a series of questions, with deliberate progression designed to drive home the point I've been making non-stop since last Tuesday. First, I asked if he'd had the opportunity yet to use Navigatr, and he said he had. Then, I asked what he thought of it. "I liked it". Next question: "Drive-wiping issue aside, would you say that Navigatr is --in its present stage of development-- something that Rogers should be proud of?" Answer: "YES". I then asked him if he'd read these forums, specifically in the last few days ("YES") - then I wondered aloud how, given the overwhelming  backlash against Navigatr - and the literally dozens of bugs and usability issues reported here - that could be so? His reply, paraphrased to the best of my recollection: "Some issues have been identified, and criticism is expected, much of it fair, but 90% of our customers have already received Navigatr and .."

I HAD to stop him right there. "90% have it already?", I said, shocked at both the number and his confidence. "Yes", he replied. Me: "So does Toronto have it yet?"  I confirmed the dates with him, same as originally planned, point made. "How about the 2nd Stage.. that was scheduled for today and included Ottawa & London?" ("Yes, they got it."). Me: "NO! They didn't!" (him: "Yes, they DID!").

I explained that 1) Tech Support had told me on the phone this very morning that rollouts were being held while bugs are fixed, and 2) customers in Ottawa and elsewhere confirmed online this morning that their PVRs had NOT (much to their relief!) been updated today as originally scheduled, and 3) that even if 90% of the customers who received Navigatr didn't complain, that doesn't mean that an unknown # of them are not silently already displeased or currently exploring their "other options".

My point was that whether he was right and they wrong or vice-versa, it was this "left-hand doesn't know what the right is doing" and lack of clear answers/leadership from "the top" (even filtering down to him, "in the Office") that is driving us customers to despair - and that is liable to drive us AWAY.

I demanded a plan of action. I got the same answers as before: 1) "We're aware of the issues, we're fixing them", 2) "I will pass on your concerns". Round-and-round in circles I go.... so I begged, "If you only do 1 thing for me following this call, please urge the President and whoever is responsible for the Navigatr project to sit down together and take 20 minutes out of their day to read all the Community Forum posts about Navigatr - and ask themselves again if proceeding with the rollout (even on a 1-week delayed schedule) is what they should be doing."

I am confident that we are making progress.

The question is will it be too late?

And too late for who? (both customers and staff are being negatively affected)

And for what reason? What is the rush?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred Rogers executives.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree completely with your list

Things I like:

Can hide any/all channels (previously could not hine unwanted OD channels)

The progress marker in the timeline

No black band at the bottom of the screen when using remote

Things I don't like:

The Font is too small especially when looking for recorded shows.

The tiles are an atrocious scheme and wont be improved if they plan to add thumbnails in the future. Please return to line by line or at least add it as an option.

Recorded items dont scroll to show full description.

The color scheme, especially in the recorded screens.

When setting the recorded items (Manage Recordings) to alphabetical I cannt set the default to alphabetical.

Deleting a single show from a group of recorded shows is too difficult.

I don't like that they did this without any advance notice, surely they could easily send out an email?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As of last evening it would seem that Rogers has been working hard to fix many of the issues. I can now navagate selected recorded program page and get to the right hand column and scroll down.  I can select previously recorded programs and see them in order without unintentionally deleting an unwatched program. So I am quite happy with this fix.

Now I just need to be able to read it from across the room! Fix the font size please!!! 

Also, I would like the day added to the date of the recording so I don't have to pull a calendar out every time.

Its better, certainly not perfect. Still don't get the purpose of the boxes indicating the shows (scheduled and/or recorded) All that space and the titles wrap and drift away, would prefer a simple list.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

So it looks like while Rogers has suspended the roll-out to the rest of the regions, the first Beta group is getting nightly updates as they work on fixing the problem. Rogers, please don't let this go any further until all these beta customers confirm that EVERYTHING is fixed.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

To repeat:

If it Ain't broke don't fix it !

The PVR functions of the new interface are a HUGE step backwards.

(When a recording starts its no longer scheduled, useless small font boxes, mingling scheduled and recorded etc.etc ).

The live TV stuff on the new interface OK, but needs fixing too ( e.g cc on/off)

Alternatelty, if you insist on something NEW to save face, come to a happy comprimise, combine the best of the old (PVR function) and new (there must be a few good things), claim victory and declare that you listen to customers ! 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have actually grown to like some of the features of the new box. It is unfortunate that the effort put into the front side of viewing shows, and ease recording shows, the new banner, etc didn't reach out and fully understand the impact on "listing" recorded shows for viewing, compared to future recorded scheduled shows, and series recordings.

I was relizing today as I wandered through the tiles, trying to remind myself, what was in each category, that it is kind of like playing that old card game, "concentration". Can you remember what is lying under the cards and pick the correct ones?

At least add onto the tiles information that there are say, 2 recorded shows, 1 scheduled, and one series. I know that will fill the tile probably, and will conflict with the idea of putting the picture art for the shows, but there has to be a way to differentiate the scheduled, recorded, and future recording series easily, so we don't have to play "concentration". I am aging with a mental handicap, and my memory is not great. I need things visually in front of me and easy to find. Just a comment.  Either that, or I will need to have step by step processes easily found so that I can work with it and relearn as my memory fails.

The other concern is that we are still basically in the dark in terms of any official statement by Rogers on all that has happened. Most people do not know about the forums, but when we do call in, they do now mention it as a source, the list of all the tutorials that are available, other than the basic ones on the nextbox on demand, and the ones on websites, are very hard to find.  We got a link from someone a while back, at http://www.rogers.com/web/content/search?scope=global&term=navigatr - how about a moderator pin this to the TV section so we don't have to search it. It is not complete, sure, but it is a start on help guides.

Boy it has been a ride on a rollercoaster that I never chose to ride between the billing on line, details of phone calls, bugs on the online system for billing, one number about to fail on Chrome and new Windows 10 browser if it isn't reprogrammed by mid September, the whole Navigatr issue (thankfully I am not a 2 user), the mixed messages and no standard response coming from representatives we are talking to and contradiction between this board statements and my own experiences with talking reps, and then my last one was dealing with the realities of phone ownership - getting replacement for a lost phone - should be easy, nope the left hand - the call centre and the stores don't work on the same systems, and we were directed twice to the store, only to learn that the store couldn't do it.  So I am happy to say, I have my bill, I can do most of what I need to do on Navigator, I remain unsure if one number will work in September, but no of workounds with less secure browser practices to get it to work, the new phone is being shipped, and I can finally move on.  I had a rep agree with me last night when I finalized understanding my bill after the purchased phone transaction got applied to my bill balance (needed to now figure out what was coming out when).  He came out and said, yes, the company had pushed out huge changes to the various products and that the CSR's were being buried under questions that they really had no clear answers on.

I thanked him and wished him luck and hope that these problems get finalized so they can get back to dealing with customer service issues that they control over making decision quickly and clearly.

Yes, change is ackward, but does Rogers have to hit us with two major changes in service models all at the same time?

Just a question of timing, solid design and testing, redesign based upon real user groups (example, did noone test rolling this out on a nextbox 2), and if users were tested and solutions found for what the users brought up, why were there so few help tutorials available for every step.  Just asking.

All the best and hopefully we are done and can just get back to being happy customers. I used to have only two major incidents that sit in the back of my head of absolutely insane implementations. Some may remember it. Rogers rolled out a major upgrade in the network in most neighbourhoods in my town and other places in Canada. It resulted in major outages, sometimes weeks on end. I went to me moving to Bell DSL, until I moved to a neighbourhood where only Rogers was available for Internet. Bell DSL wasn't available.  I have been happy since.  The second was a warrenty repair on a phone where it got lost and none could find it for over 6 months. It took forever to get Rogers to just give us a new phone. They did compensate us for the insanity of that one, so I came away happy, but it left a real sour taste in my daughter's mind towards Rogers as she just could not get any straight answers on what happened to her phone and for a long time, they would just give her this junky replacement with none of the features of her original phone.  I took over and spent about a week back and forth with President's office.  

I have always had resolution, but fortunately I have been retired or on disability during these times, so I could deal with it.  I can understand the frustration of others who are just trying to make it day to day in the "real world" and would never have the time to deal with this stuff.  They are the ones, who probably write all about their issues on Facebook, give up on phoning in or visiting stores, and finally say, Had enough, I am switching.

We on this board are the vocal ones, committed to getting us quality service and committed to helping both Rogers, and other customers to get past the problems that come up.  The others are the ones that are not heard and are fuming in relative silence. I think we all know at least one.

Here's to continuing to find solutions that meet the customers needs, and with a motto of listening to the customers needs, and the new one, making things easier, when it doesn't meet our needs, or make it easier, Rogers must live up to there advertising motto's, or we begin to become cynical and lose trust.

Food for thought, BS (my initials, not swearing - I have no middle name, although at times I think that recently, the letters meant both.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just discovered what I consider another "glitch" in the new navigatr.

With the previous guide, when you "Set a Reminder" on a channel you received a pop up message about 90 seconds prior to the start of the show reminding you what was upcoming. You could choose to "Watch Now" or "Dismiss". In the event you were out of the room when the message popped up, the channel would automatically change at the appropriate start time.

With the new Navigatr, everything is the same (ie: set the reminder, get the pop up message) but if you don't take any action, it simply disappears at the start time and remains on the existing channel. As a result, if you happen to be away from the TV when you get the reminder, you'll miss the reminder altogether and potentially miss the beginning of the show you wanted to watch.

You can usually remember to watch a show if a short period of time elapses from the time you sets the reminder to the start time of the show but in many instances you may set a reminder for something that is upcoming in the following days and it's plausible to think you'll remember all those reminders. I guess that's why you set reminders in the first place!

This is just a small thing but something I believe should be fixed.