New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

If this was a case of accidentally installing a beta version, why not just install the correct one immediately and save themselves a huge headache?

I'm an Advisor

@DCBW wrote:

If this was a case of accidentally installing a beta version, why not just install the correct one immediately and save themselves a huge headache?

But, Rogers has the option of downloading whatever they want anytime,

and usually do so around 2AM every night.

Alternately power-cycling (pulling the plug, wait 30 secs, plug back in) will get you whatever software download Rogers has ready for your machine.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@User2014 wrote:

Navigatr Wish List

I called the Rogers call centre to complain about the new interface and was told to post my issues to the Forum, because thats where management finds these things out.

We know how that works on the forum.

Additionally, you can post on the Rogers Facebook page. However, those posts are not very prominent  down the left side, and don't go back more than a day, so "evaporate" quickly.

There's also the Rogers Twitter feed that's suggested. Can't really comment on that because I only use it occasionally to follow big breaking news and some court cases.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

Has the rollout been resumed after they halted it?  Just wondering if it's any better than what was first rolled out.

That's a good question. All I've seen is rumours, nothing from Rogers. I've asked for a forum section here by Rogers to document the day-by-day Navigatr saga so customers know the truth, what has been fixed, and when to expect it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@headhoncho wrote:

Has the rollout been resumed after they halted it?  Just wondering if it's any better than what was first rolled out.

That's a good question. All I've seen is rumours, nothing from Rogers. I've asked for a forum section here by Rogers to document the day-by-day Navigatr saga so customers know the truth, what has been fixed, and when to expect it.

But the real question is WHAT ARE OUR OPTIONS should Rogers continue on and not stop/Roll-back next week?

I'm not particularly interested in being an alpha, beta, and gamma test site for another flawed product.

NB2 was more than enough !

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thousands and thousands of complaints.  My husband and I were out and about and everyone in our immediate area of the restaurant was talking about this horrible mess.  Can you imagine how many people are enraged about this that do not know they can express their opinion here in the forum.  Rogers probably thinks that the people on the forum are the only ones complaining.

I really don't think it matters as Rogers cannot or will not make a response via media or e-mail to address this situation.

Senior Managers (fire them all) must have the Navigator in their homes.  What do they have to say on the matter?  What does Mrs. Senior and all the little Juniors in their homes have to say?  They cannot stay silent for much longer.  The long weekend will be over soon and some sort of response is expected.

To the Rogers employees who participated in the testing - what were you thinking? 

This cannot continue - put it back - 

Some of the articles I have read on the forum regarding their experience with Technical Support are just mind-blowing.

I am sure they are overwhelmed and frustrated themselves but some of the nonsense they are spouting is incredible.

If I had been without cable since the Tuesday roll-out I would be ballistic!   Then to have someone tell me my Nextbox might be at fault.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr-h!!!  (That is being very lady like).

IS ANYONE FROM ROGERS STILL READING OUR COMMENTS OR HAVE WE BEEN ABANDONED?

WHEN WILL ROGERS REPLY ON THIS SITUATION?

HOW WILL WE BE NOTIFIED OF THIS RESPONSE AND YOUR GOING FORWARD SOLUTIONS?

DON'T CARE IF TOMORROW IS A HOLIDAY - ALL OF YOU - SENIOR POOH-PAAHS AND ALL - SHOULD BE AT HOME AND NOT THE COTTAGE - BRAIN STORMING ON HOW TO FIX THIS MESS ASAP!!!!!

***  My goodness,  all of you out there, maybe they should not fix it.  Can you imagine the mess they are going to make when Rogers tries a fix? *** 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Debinacorms  wrote this " Where you have multiple episodes recorded and you click into that show, you cannot see at a glance the date of the recordings. You have to go into each individual recording, one at a time."

Well, I haven't even been able to figure out HOW to find each recording of a series. If there are two or more recorded I only seem to thave the option of watching the last show recorded. Once that is watched and deleted THEN the earlier show(s) appear! What good is that? Obvioulsy I'm missing something if you ARE able to at least see a list of the recorded shows available.

I Plan to Stick Around

The cable contract for our condominium high-rise is almost due for renewal, and I'm on the Board of Directors.  I doubt that Rogers would want to lose this bulk contract, but I could be wrong.  My recommendation to the Board will depend largely on how Rogers handles this situation.  So far the only response I have seen to me has been to edit one of my prior posts, citing lack of courtesy.  I wish I had been given the courtesy of keeping my Nextbox in its prior properly functioning state.  It's not to late for Rogers to reverse this, if they should so choose.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@DCBW wrote:

You raise an excellent point.  I was trying to give Rogers the benefit of the doubt (though honestly, I think by now they no longer deserve that courtesy).  But with all the SERIOUS design flaws, the fact almost everything takes MORE clicks than before, and that some capabilities have simply been lost (that's if you can even read the tiny white on grey non disability compliant visual presentation to realize that), it's almost impossible to get your head around accepting that this is the code they actually INTENDED to release.  Surely it MUST have been a mistake and an early test version was released instead???

Then again, I've learnt never to underestimate the lack of logic in many decisions Rogers makes.

They have a history of releasing things before they are thoroughly tested and debugged, from the first releases of RTN that replaced SARA, to their recent Web Page redesign that removed the web interface to program your PVR's and the fact that MANY MONTHS after Android 5/Lollipop was released Rogers AnyPlace TV app STILL doesn't work on Lollipop.

I'm Here A Lot

Well that's what I mean. If it was a case of beta being installed, Rogers could have done another update the following day at 2am during the regular update time with the correct version and be done with it. Or did an unscheduled update whenever they notice the problem. I realize this would make too much sense and why its not happening.