cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nextbox Navigator

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

My wife was just moving through the new navigator and has the following questions, concerns.

The first screens for the guide are fine, but the fonts are a bit small, even on a 46 inch TV. We are all getting old, let's not forget us.

In the section for listing and managing recordings, the boxes cut off the full names of the shows, don't show dates, would rather have option of old list style with all details right in one spot.

When looking at multiple shows, you have to go to each listed show recorded, but there is no reference to the date until you highlight the show. Then this highlighted information on the show is even smaller and I have almost perfect vision after my cataract surgury, and I can barely read it. My wife can't read it at all. You do have the date on the top right that is in a bigger font, but the show information is almost unreadable and my 24 year old daughter who just came in also comment that it is almost unreadable.

Is there an option for increasing font size and changing to a list view rather than the boxes on the list of the recordings page. Don't like the box feature or the way the contents view at all for the above reasons. See little or benefit for this change.

Otherwise, I am kind of indifferent to the new layout, but do like some features.  I will probably turn off the banner across the bottom off in settings. I can get the same information from the guide.

Yes, there is a bit of getting used to change, but some of this change seems to be change for the sake of change. I do like that it takes less clicking to move around though, it just the display formats and font sizes that are creating legitimate problems for my family.

BS

***Edited Labels***

1,698 REPLIES 1,698

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Jack22
I Plan to Stick Around

Could it be true or just a vicious rumour??  I heard somewhere that Rogers is going to scrap the Navigator.

Say it's so!!!!!!

Anyone heard the same rumour?

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
You touched on something I miss, Attilla. Namely, the list of recordings displaying the duration of each program. I often find I have, say, 30 mins available between activities and it was convenient to scroll the list and select a recorded program of that length.

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
Well thanks for at least getting back to us, RogersStrick. Whilst a manual may assist some, this is not brain surgery and a little trial and error usually finds a solution, IF THERE IS ONE. The problem is that for many problems there isn't one. However, look forward to reading the steps required to activate CC during playback. 1: Stop playback. 2: Revert to live programing. 3: Press info button on remote. 4: In menu on right scroll to chose "more." 4: Scroll the menu that opens (It's so long it goes off your screen.) and activate CC. 6: Exit and go back to list of recordings. 7: Resume playback. What a joke. LOL.

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
Is that a toke response.

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
"Most dismal failure since DeLorean produced a car.? You wanna go Back to the Future, eh?

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
"Random automatic reboots?"
You too, Lategreat? Same here. When I catch up and have watched my recordings my NB3 is going back for exchange. But if it's happening to you too, I guess I'll be a regular store visitor.

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
Trust me, you won't

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around
Your second "failure" happened to me too. Grrrr!

SWBR
I Plan to Stick Around

Cosmetics is low priority for me, but I think you may have hit on something.
Black text on a black background with black highlights might be the solution.

park
I'm an Advisor

Thx.

Beats the 50 shades of grey we now have when hitting [LIST].

Scraps
I Plan to Stick Around

DeLorean? I want to go back to the past! I miss my old Nextbox software ....... we were soooo in tune with each other! Now that she is gone, I miss her more. I just should have proposed a lifelong partnership before Mr. Navigatr came along and runied what could have been a wonderful relationship. Albeit slow, not ideal and needing a lot of maintenance, my software was soo soft and gentle and needed very little care! 😉

Just found this forum.  I see it's not just me having this problem.  Since the software update 4 days ago, still can't watch anything saved on the PVR.  It appears to be there as it shows the hard drive is 75% full.  When selected it only shows a black screen.  Phoned/Live chatted numerous times over the past few days.  Only information received was, not our fault, nothing we can do, just wait, may lose all saved programs, should be fixed in 24-48 hours etc, don't know why it happened, can't switch back to old software etc.  Not too impressed, and am still waiting! After latest call with tech support told no time frame in sight.  This is unacceptable.  What other business could do this and still keep customers.  Time to start looking at alternatives!

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I will never understand why Rogers did this. It is incomprehensible to me that they performed such a lobotomy on their guide and the ability to program your PVR and to watch said programming and to view your recorded shows or scheduled shows in any kind of of logical manner. The whole thing is a an utter horror show. I am so happy to see kudoes being given to all of those who have posted here. You all deserve it. If Rogers does not cancel this whole sham, I will be extremely disappointed. For those of you who have posted summaries of everything that is wrong with this update - thank you! 

park
I'm an Advisor

Just visited my neighbour who also has a NB3 and spoke with another with a NB2.

Both are frustrated by the new Navigatr,  part of the silent 99% who have yet to contact Rogers.

Neither are sure what programs are going to record, and wonder their favs have recorded and how to find  them .

Rogers pls call a rep sample of affected customers if you do not believe those of us on this board !

jinx8910
I Plan to Stick Around
Why hasn't anyone from Rogers actually commented??? Here it is the long weekend and all we can do is moan about this horrendous roll out. Trying to call Rogers results in more frustration as when you finally get a human on the phone they can't do anything to help you. Looks like my unlimited data usage ( from Bell no less) will come in handy as downloading my shows seems to be the only headache free option. Hmmmm...Then I won't need Rogers at all.

JohhnyRockets

Now you have me laughing! Do you really expect Rogers to actually consult their customers? As long I have been a Rogers customer, it is Rogers Way or the Highway!

Thank you all so much for providing us with your feedback in regards to the Nextbox Navigatr.

We genuinely do appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with us.

They have been brought to the attention of the appropriate department. We are grateful that you let us know how you feel about the changes we are bringing, as it helps us improve the overall experience for all our customers.

We will update the Community with articles to help you get used to your new interactive guide.

Stay tuned! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

JohhnyRockets

Why not just do away with Navigatr altogether. Does anything about this disaster deserved to be kept?

Actually, the guides to use the new Navigatr have been posted. 

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/search?scope=global&term=navigatr

The guides are only as good as the new Navigatr is and that is not very good!

DCBW
I'm Here A Lot
Those "guides" are rather useless when the Settings menu doesn't exist.

Alacrity
I've Been Here Awhile

I guess a fix is on the way in the next couple of days if what they tell you is correct.  One has to wonder how this mess happened.  Terrible terrible decision.

Mister_A
I Plan to Stick Around

So far, that is all that Rogers has on offer -- more 'guides' and videos. I'm sure you are following instructions on how to respond, but additional assurances that we'll just *love* the new guide/software once we are able to wrap our tiny brains around it is just not going to fly. Please don't tell us that again. It's insulting.

And unless some meaningful changes are made based on those comments, you won't be 'helping to improve the

overall experience for all [y]our customers'.

Also, I would venture to guess that there are quite a few people who will *not* be 'staying tuned', since there are other options available.

If you (Rogers, that is) don't do something drastic to try and retrieve the situation, i.e. putting back the previous interface, while doing a complete redesign and revamp of the current, interesting choice of software, I would expect serious TV subscriber loss in the not-too-distant future.

I suggest you tell the responsible executive(s), who need to get the message, that we are interested in:

1) an immediate solution -- put back the old software (if you still want to update the guide, get some professionals this time, and test the bejeezuz out of it on all your hardware)

2) a comprehensive explanation as to how such an inept software design could be implemented, obviously with zero actual, real-world testing, or any kind of user feedback

(I mean, seriously -- how much time was spent on the software, compared to the 2-3 days it took users to identify the *many* *serious* flaws?)

3) how the rollout could possibly be re-started once the initial feedback started coming in

4) what Rogers plans to do to prevent a recurrence

5) what Rogers plans to do to compensate its customers for the annoyance and loss of functionality

You mention 'the appropriate department'. It would be interesting to us to know which department that is, since I am sure there are many fine, competent individuals who work at Rogers who are not in that department. It would also be very interesting to know the fate of the individuals involved in such a fiasco, if for no other reason than to have some assurance that management is sensible enough to hold the responsible people accountable.

If I had any guts, I'd short Rogers stock on Monday.

You obviously need some people to help you with the re-design, and luckily for you, there appear to be a number of forum responders who could probably do an excellent job. I expect there will be some job openings shortly -- looks like a win-win.

Regards,

Mr. A