New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@theClubHopper wrote:
@krap wrote:

How do I watch a program which is being recorded ?
This new NAVIGATR makes that very difficult to do.

From what I can figure out, it does not let "play" a recording till after its finished and its BOX gets listed. 

There are a number of bugs involved with the display of recording items (the folder things), but as it is, it is pretty straight forward:

- [LIST] -> look for an item with a red dot.

- Navigate to it, [OK|SELECT]

- "Watch" (on right side) should be selected. [OK|SELECT] to start watching.

Then rewind to the beginning of the program....... which you could always do, no matter the user interface.

Old system was as short as two buttons [LIST]  then [Play from start].   NO NAVIGATION !

New system is a BIG step backwards. Rogers accepted this, no questions asked. Why?  How ?

I'd love to see a score card martix of OLD ve NEW features and Rogers logic in switching to it

(preferably in a font size large enough for us to see 😉 !!

I'm an Advisor

@Jack22 wrote:
I thought the Nextbox 3.0 was the worst thing ever invented by Rogers. This new Navigator tops all of their crazy ideas. The font is to small - you cannot read it. All of the programs that were previously in folders have escaped and are everywhere. No idea of what order they were recorded in. Can't see what is scheduled to be recorded by date. When you alphabetize the recorded programs it will not save and you have to re-organize every time. Programs will not delete after watching. Absolute junk. I do believe it is time to move on to another service provider. Someone was actually paid to develop this mess???

Actually I think the Nextbox 2 was the worse thing ever invented by CISCO and bought by Rogers.

(Please see my old posts for further details) 

Even this new software refuses to run properly on it. 

I'm Here A Lot

As far as I am concerned , this upgrade is garbage. If this is suppose to be better than the previous piece of crap , its not.  There should have been an option of taking it. Once again rogers is proving to be more costly than useful.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone out there have updated info as to when Rogers will be addressing the thousands of complaints about the new Nextbox Navigator?

Is anyone from Rogers actually reading our posts?

How long will we have to fool around with a service that we are paying dearly for until a fix happens?

I think its time they sent out a Bulk e-mail to all of their subscribers to talk about this disaster!!!

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @Jack22

We are certainly reading the posts and very much value the feedback that is being provided.

Based on the feedback collected we have identified a number of issues with the navigatr guide which require our immediate attention. As a result we have stopped the roll out of the guide and are focusing our attention on addressing the reported issues.

There is currently no ETA on the fixes but I can assure you that it is a priority item and is being addressed with the utmost urgency.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

@BS the issues are two fold, some concerns surround the function of the new guide and how to use some of the new features, while other concerns are about the bugs that exist with the new giude.

With regards to the bugs that have caused issues like lost PVR recordings or the constant requirements of the parental control PIN; we are working very hard to come up with fixes for these issues.

With regards to the features of the guide and how to use them we are in the midst of creating how to tutorials to demonstrate how to best use the guide features.

I'm Here A Lot

Totally agree! Bell is definitely looking better after this roll out.
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I saw that you stopped the roll out of the guide, but how can we who received it, get the old one back? This new UI is frustrating and just a disaster!
I'm Here A Lot

I don't think the issue is `how to' guides. It's not that we don't understand it, it's that it is a very poor UI. The old one was pretty good, (for Rogers) and the new one is horrible for PVR owners who record shows.
I'm an Advisor

@matthews65 wrote:
Yes, I saw that you stopped the roll out of the guide, but how can we who received it, get the old one back? This new UI is frustrating and just a disaster!

Its in Rogers best-interest to roll-back to the old one in the next few days.

It would stop thousands from BELLHOPPING!