New MyRogers Overview Page

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New MyRogers Overview Page

Just noticed that they MYROGERS overview page has changed...

NOT sure if i like it or not..

Top presents your your account, amount owing, etc.

Below are sections for wireless and other services.. with LINKS to the specific pages for those services WITHIN the myrogers.
It no longer has a GENERAL overview for each service.

I THINK i liked it better when i could see it all on one page....

But i can understand, why they would move away from it... as some people sometimes may have problems with one section loading or not... and the one section breaking could stop the rest from loading.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New MyRogers Overview Page

Yes, I agree that the general overview for each service all on the same page was a good thing. For example, at a glance, you could see your Internet usage. Now, in order to see your usage, there is an extra step involved by having to click on "Internet" and then go to a new page. These pages are the same as before and once again can be kind of slow to load.

I did have to laugh though since the most prominent item on the overview page now is your "BALANCE OWING". I guess that is the main thing they now want us to focus our attention on when we log in!! Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Intersting - just logged again and the "overview" page was back to the way it was. I don't think Rogers has a frickin clue what they want to do - for anything!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kiwi7

Its not that they don't know. They do know. I guess they are testing it out before they fully let it go on. They did the same thing with the redesign of the site. GDKITTY would remember when i posted about it and then the site went back to the way it was before. Then a few days later they put the new design and let it stay.

All in all they are most likely testing it to see if it can hold on and not have problems. Interesting is that with the new overview i my account had issues and never loaded, now they put back the old one and works. I think they saw the issue and pulled it down
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry Meowmix but your post does not cut it. Rogers does this all of the time. They introduce a redesign of MyRogers and then pull it back. They intoduce new firmware to their modems and to Nextbox without properly testing it. Then they have to reintroduce new firmware or a new Website design or whatever - to try and make things right! Why - because the developers at Rogers do not have a frickin clue as to what they are doing! You can defend them all you want, but many of us know exactly what they are doing! The bottom line is that you test it BEFORE you introduce it - not once you try it out on unsuspecting customers and discover it does not work!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kiwi7

I never said my post would "cut it". I am not defending them at all actually.. All i am saying is that they did this last time with the site design. One whole day it was up and then they took it down due to the problems they had with it.. Then a few days after they put it up and works.

I agree with that as if u were here last year when the NextBox 2.0 you would see i was calling them out and always would complain about it. For the NextBox 3.0 i haven't had issues yet and hopefully i don't.

I agree that the developers don't seem to know things like this and i would wish if there was a way to be able to send them notifications of some sort to tell them about problems.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The point is that they should not be testing out a site on customers and then reverting back to the original site because the new site does not work. It should be well tested before being introduced. Rogers does not do this - with anything!  Nuff' said!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kiwi7

I agree with you 100% on that. They either put it up and let us test it or never test it and push it out which is not the right thing to do. I have mentioned this to them a few times and said it many times on here.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

They must have tried the new style for a very short time. I was on a couple of times yesterday and this morning and never saw it.

I agree with the comments about testing. I was in the IT business for a long time, mostly in the finance industry. Making changes to a major system without adequate testing was a very serious offence. Any changes which affected the end users, mostly in bank branches, were done with pilot tests at a certain number of branches. Also, changes were communicated ahead of time, with an explanation of what the changes were for, when they would be implemented, and what the impact would be on day-to-day business. There also was a fall-back plan in case a change caused unforeseen problems for branches, which was also explained before the implementation date.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jimboden

Yeah they took it down after noticing the issues they had. I was on their Facebook & saw many complaining they can not see their accounts with the new layout.

Agreed in any company its like that. The thing is your talking about Banks & government sites which have access to millions of peoples money / account holdings & such. This is very different then a cellphone / cable providers site in which has nothing like a bank / goverment  site has but same rules should apply none the less. They should be doing a pilot project in which they notify us on here letting us know they will change it to see if it works & what not.

It seems they do this all the time when they redesign the site or anything to do with the site. The upload the new layout, causes issues then take it down. Why not test the site when they are doing their nightly maintenance