New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Internet packages? Rocket WiFi Modem?

yeah.

I mean.. my wife has been using SHOMI alot.. alot more than netflix, for TV shows.  So i might be paying the 8.99 for shomi anyways. 
really only makes it a $5 difference in the end, for me, to gain another 40 download, and unlimited usage..
But still dont want to pay more 😛

kr6
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Gdkitty wrote:

I would still like to know about the bonus 200gb.

Gdkitty,

The bonus data usage is not available with the new Ignite packages. All existing packages will be grandfathered with their respective bonus data usage.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. yeah, will really have to compare/think on it.

checked my last 4-5 months, and was under 200g.. so might be fine.

May just leave it for NOW.  I have shomi for free till march 31st.   Make the decision at that time, and see if its worth changing.

Graig543
I Plan to Stick Around

The new AC router isnt gaurenteed to be just the Hitron CGN models. Rogers does use other companies modems as well. I have seen other people on other forums talking about the hitron cgn3acr model. I cant find much online although I am assuming that just stands for ac residental. however viewing the cisco website they have rogers supplying the cisco 3843 model that is AC dual band. Kind of excited for that if its true.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have to watch out for that though.

That just means, its approved for the ROGERS network.

Doesnt mean the ROGERS itself is using it.   TPIA providers modems that run on rogers network, have to be registered on their network.. so often would show up that way... even if ROGERS doesnt use them.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just a few observations. Correct me if I am wrong!

1. If you currently have a retention deal with Rogers and sign onto one of the new plans, you will lose your retention deal. Not good!
  2. The new plans do not allow you to purchase additional Internet usage, though it is not necessary with the higher tiers. Another example though of Rogers only wanting their customers on the the most expensive packages. Not good!
  3. A newer modem but the same old gar*bage from Hitron! Surely there must be something better than Hitron!
  4. And wow! the Hybrid Fibre plans did not last long! Wonder why!

Will Rogers ever give their customers what they truly want?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The hybrid fibre plans and these ones, at the same price point as the previous plans, are actually more money for less.
The hybrid ins though did not require changing your other bundled things.

Correct they don't allow for any additional usage... But at the price points really isn't much room for it. There is only $10 difference between plans, most data addons have generally been more than this.
If your on 60/10 and wanted to buy more usage, may as well just pay the $10 more to jump up to the 100 package and get unlimited.

But yes I think they are really trying to push people into the 100 package.

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

Just a few observations. Correct me if I am wrong!

1. If you currently have a retention deal with Rogers and sign onto one of the new plans, you will lose your retention deal. Not good!

Yep. There's the rub. I called today to switch my Hybrid fibre 250 unlimited to the new Ignite 250u since the overall price drop for me would have been $33/month. But to do so, I would have had to give up any other retention discounts I had on cable and home phone.  We spent some time going over all the options and most were a wash for me when you look at the whole Rogers bill at the end of it.

However, the agent I talked to did find something called a 'tier discount' that she said she could apply against ONLY the Internet and she said, not affect any other of my charges. So that's what we did.

I will of course have to wait for the actual bills to see if this is true or not.

Bottom line, if you have retention discounts or other discounts that you don't want to lose by switching your Internet package, ask about "tier discounts" on the Internet package. 

VivienM
I'm an Advisor

I just noticed there is apparently a new bundle offer where you can get home phone with unlimited long distance and 6 features for $20/month if you're a TV/internet customer.

That is a huge new discount...

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are some bundles not listed on the page fully.. what was offered to me wasnt on the site.

They did mention some extra 60g usage or something.. so SOME bundles may have some form of a little bit extra gb usage for the lower internet tiers, (but not as good as the current 200g bonus)