New Internet PLAN & Pricing Comparison

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New Internet PLAN & Pricing Comparison

I wanted to create this thread, to help people compare the new plans, vs their OLD plans.

Old Packages Cost New Packages Cost
Ultimate 250/20 @1tb 127.49 + rental Hybrid Fibre 250/20 @ 500gb 99.99
Old Ultimate 150/10 @250g 127.49 + rental Hybrid Fibre 150/15 @ 350gb 85.99
Extreme Plus 45/4 @ 150g 79.49 + rental Hybrid Fibre 60/10 @ 120gb 69.99
Extreme 35/3 @100g 69.49 + rental    
Express 25/2 80g 56.49 + rental  Hybrid Fibre 30/5 @ 70gb  61.99
Lite 6/.5 20g 45.99 + rental Hybrid Fibre 10/1 @25 51.99

+ 10 (bundled) or + 30 not for unlimited - New prices include rental  
    - +15 for +200gb usage  
    - +25 for unlimited  

Its hard to do a DIRECT comparison.. as they have sort of moved som plans inbetween.  Tried to align them as best capable.

(EG: 60/10 falls USAGE wise inbetween extreeme and extreeme plus... BUT is faster than both)

At least according to the website, it says MODEM RENTAL included.
In MOST cases... this requires the new CGN3 gateway (you can still always bridge mode it)

My understanding is.. that you will see the modem still as its own rental line, charged, but the plan line slightly less.
So this is more of the final combined price.

People with 3 services (tv & home phone as well) SHOULD be capable of getting the bonus 200g addon included.

Unlimited addon, has increased to $25 for everyone, but you can buy the 200g increase for $15 as well (or might get it included as above) which might end up then with enough usage.

---------------------------

Comparing thing.. i moved to the 30/5 from express.  For this one, costs maybe $2 more.. but get the down and up slight increase.. plus i was elligible for the 200g free, which would cover my usage needs. (vs i paid for the old unlimited)

People who are on the CURRENT unlimited but still stuck on the 150 (250 not available yet), is a HUGE savings!

People who are on the 250.. with the 1tb usage... STILL might be worth switching to the new 250 plan..  while the base usage is 500.  I beleive, the base + 25 for unlimited, is still a few $ cheaper.

***edited labels***

sophiako
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Internet PLAN & Pricing Comparison

I have just upgraded my internet plan from hi-speed express to extreme, but just noticed on the Rogers.com website that there is a new plan called Hybrid Fiber 60.  The new Hybrid Fiber 60 with 120GB plan costs $69.99 which I believe it's the same price as the Extreme. I wonder what's the difference between the plan, and what do I need to move to the new hybrid plan?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I switched to the fibre 30 this morn.

The only stipulation is that you need to rent/buy the new cgn3 :(. So that may be a few more $ modem rental.

The usage for extreme is how much?
The new plan has 120g (so not sure if a loss/gain)

Beyond that, that's all you should need to switch.

sophiako
I've Been Here Awhile

it's almost the same price for 120GB.  Extreme with 120GB is $67.99 & the Hybrid Fiber 60 with 120GB is $69.99. 

So, my understanding is I need to switch to the new Advanced wi-fi modem which costs $4 more per month for rental.  But, what's exactly the benefits for switching to the Hybrid fiber plan?  any idea?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that its called hybrid fibre.. really doesnt mean anything..

the rogers network as a whole is hybrid fibre already now, before the name change.

So in the end.. you will be paying 2+4 = $6 more a month for the new plan.

Benifits?  Almost doubleing your downlaod speed, and more than doubling your upload speed.
Soo.. if that is worth $6 to you 🙂

If not.. you are able to grandfather your existing one you just changed to ongoing without issue.

gisuck
I'm a Reliable Contributor

All packages are flagged as "modem rental included" not "modem rental extra" http://www.rogers.com/web/content/internet-packages

I would hold them hard and fast to that line.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah I saw that too.
When I called to switch to the 30/5, they said its extra..

With the promo price I got on it, was still a deal, so even with the modem rental, would be fine.
I will have to wait for the first bill, see if I am charged for it, and if the site still list it that way, fight for it.

wayner92
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I assume that Teksavvy, et al, will have to respond, especially at the higher end tiers.  Teksavvy's 150/10 300GB bundle doesn't look so good compared to Rogers' 150/15 350GB (modem included) package for $1 less per month.

TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I am sure the likes of Teksavvyy, Start, etc would love to respond, but they still have a major hurdle to clear which is the is no approves modem for TPIA to provide the speeds higher than 150/10
TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks, GdKitty for an excellent comparison tool. I will also make switch later today. Was craving for a 60/10 package for a while, but it was only available for business customers before.