New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

This is why i cancelled the Whole Home PVR a day before they came. I read really bad things about it & some good things. For now i will just have to wait until Rogers starts fixing the software & firmware before i pay $49.99 for something i might regret a day or so later.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

next agent i spoke with for 17 minutes said someone was still accessing my account and couldn't get rid of whole home pvr, must call back a number of hours from now or tomorow. so far unable to remove whole home pvr!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

smart move meow mix

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i read threw a few blogs / post which people said the WHPVR is not what anyone thought & it has problems. So i thought " what is the point of paying $50 for installation if i will regret it" So i called & i had the rep asking me why & why. I told them i did not want it & that's it.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

As I posted earlier today, what Shaw is offering their customers puts Rogers to shame!

http://www.shaw.ca/Television/Equipment/

It is hard to believe that once upon time in Ontario, we had Shaw - and now we have to put up with Rogers!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Had a look at the link and I notice that Shaw is selling an HD PVR for $348 or you can rent it for 36 months for only $10 month after which you own it! Rogers has nothing comparable. Their HD PVR also has a 500 GB hard drive!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That i know of.. there is no way to 'remove' the whole home pvr so to speak.. it updates the firmawre on the box.. the only way would be to be able to trade in a box that doesnt have the update on it... and have the filter removed.

While its not perfect, there could be bonus features/changes made to it, i have yet to have a problem myself with it (other than the slow initial download of the update of it on setup day).  Considering there is NO ongoing monthly fee for it, i figure i have got my money out of the one time fee already in the times i have used from bed, rather than have to be downstairs.

The big thing you have to look at, on this forum, on any website/blog out there.. in general across any customer service.

When you have someone who is happy with the service.. 1/10 people will post about how happy they are.. most  just go on being happy.  5/10 people will post when there is a problem... so you are ALWAYS bound to find more negative on a product/service, compared to positive.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i'm free! i've gotten rid of whole home pvr successfully. you don't need new boxes. i have the old software back on my boxes and can once again see 480i, 1080i, or 720p on my cable box screen! i can see my galaxie titles again! i can set my cable box to turn on and off automatically again! i can once again see how long a show is by pressing info rather than having to look at the guide! whew ! i will be sure to view whole home pvr either at a rogers centre or stereo/tv shop before signing up for that again! buyer beware!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

How did you get rid of the new IPG & got the old one back? Let us know i really want to switch back to the old software due to a few issues as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i removed the filter 1st, then called rogers and had them switch me back. it took a few attempts, long periods on hold, people hanging up on me, the usual stuff you need to endure with rogers but eventually they got rid of it for me.