New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

That's great.  All the best.

Peter
Toronto
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good to hear 🙂 and good to see some positive feedback on it.

If you have any questions, feel free to come back and ask them 🙂

mousetamer

Just wanted to jump in and mention that I am now getting the security channel on 988 in my condo building through the 8642.
In terms of the new IPG, it needs work, but I quite like it. It needs to be more stable, faster, and it needs some of the features of the old guide put back in, like the skip ahead on pre-recorded content. I'm sure Ted's Nerd Army will make it happen sooner than later. Besides, even with all these issues, Rogers still beats the pants off the other guys.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting..

If you get a chance, would you be willing to ask your building super if their security channel is digital or analog?  As a digital one, would work through the 8642.

mousetamer

The notice posted in the lobby says digital. My building is 5 years old and this was added about 2 weeks ago.
pmcsplaza

It has to be digital to work with the 8642.   Alas my building hasn't yet installed a digital camera.

Peter
Toronto
FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Interesting to see what Shaw Cable is offering in comparison to Rogers, both in terms of pricing and capabilities! 

http://www.shaw.ca/Television/Equipment/

Something tells me that Rogers is not giving us our money's worth!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like they are using a much more advance PVR, etc hardware wise .

unfortunately, shaw's coverage area, is very limited 😞 (pretty much anywhere that HAS cable thats not rogers, is shaw)

kvkvkv
I Plan to Stick Around

in the process of going back to old system, as expected, got hung up on after being on hold 53 minutes. will keep you posted on what you may have to go thru to go back!

kvkvkv
I Plan to Stick Around

next agent i spoke with for 20 minutes advised me to call back later as he was unable to remove whole home pvr. will continue to keep you posted. not sure now if it's even possible to go back.