New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

I have a 51" Samsung Slim LED TV & i do sometimes find my self squinting but not that much. It all depends on how far the TV is from you as well. They should have added different colors so we could change them & also the font size as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
That is good to hear :). How is the IPG for you guys?

Modern HD layout blows, I have both my TV's set to Classic Modern HD. Over all, I love it, very clean, very easy to read for myself on both my 46' Samsungs. I love the new On Demand layout, makes looking for things a bit easier.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is good. I have not problems as well & my TV setting is on Modern HD. The ONLY thing i am upset with is that they took off the screen from the Galaxy Music Channels in which you can not see who is singing & what song it is & also the front display on the box does not show 1080i or anything like that. All it shows is the time. Also i would have liked when you look at the guide is showed more then 5 channels at a time. I know if you press - or + it skips channels but yea. Other then that Rogers did a good thing.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Also annoying is the guide doesn't scroll anymore it flips. Not only annoying is how slow it flips but that it does at all..

I used to position my selection in the middle of ABC NBC FOX etc and look through the evening to look for shows I like on the major networks, now I have to check out one screen with say channels 520 -> 525 and then 526 -> 531 insetad of just having my selection on 527 and seeing the channels around it...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Another thing, when changing channels with the ch+/- buttons the channel and show information is not displayed. It's like 1999 again when I didn't have a digital box and you would just flip channels and have to watch a bit to figure out what is on. But worse because I don't even know what channel it is on.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Also i would like to add when pressing the Info key i can not see anymore the info about the show or movie i am watching. I called Rogers & they told me they took it out 😕 Why the effin would you take that out....

Rogers made a huge mistakes pushing this update out. No wonder why people are leaving them for another cable provider..

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Meowmix do you mean when playing back a recorded program or just in general? Because I can still get info when pressing the info button in regular TV watching.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When playing a playback recorded program. It used to before with the old update. Also i have noticed that when switching channels it takes 2 seconds & the tv go black to change the channel to another channel.

I wish Rogers had this update in Beta & tested it out with regular costumers instead of there own people so they know the mistakes they made. 4 times to delete a movie or a show from your PVR? that's lame. The Guide needs a option in which how many shows can be listed.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Ah I haven't tested that yet but yeah that is annoying it's been removed..

As a software developer I am hopeful though, since they now have a base software they can work with.. The hardest part is behind them and now they should be able to pump out enhancements and bug fixes..

If any rogers employees want to point us users to the developers bugzilla or jira so we can raise and track bugs and enhancements that would be awesome and really show an open company that cares about use customers. 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am watching GRIM, which was recorded earlier this week.
I just hit the INFO key, and it shows the show info, channel, etc.. as well the channel info, the little blurb as to what the show info is, etc..

So i can confirm that this DOES work on the new IPG... maybe there are sub updates to the new IPG that have changed/updated it?

The few extra steps for deleting, is anoying, but its not the end of the world.

Overall.. while there are a few things like how it browses # per page, etc.. to me it was no worse than the OLD one.. it had major flaws too.

Personaly i find everything visualy on the new one great.. i find it SOO Much better than the old one... i found out low rez blocky text much harder to read, yes the new text is smaller, but its high rez and im used to running stuff max rez, so im used to small text 🙂

Its all personal preference, between one person to the next 🙂