New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

The trouble with universal remotes is there eventually always is one or more keys on the original remote that don't have any corresponding key or combo of keys on the universal one.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea thats true. I might buy the logitech harmony remote when i can.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Since i can not edit my last post ill say it here.

I just got my invoice for Cable & this is what i am getting charged for.

Feb 27 - Mar 26
Digital VIP Cable : 63.99
Digital Terminal Rental: 24.99
NextBox HD Terminal Rental: 12.95
Digital Services Fee: 2.99

So how come it shows my HD box as the Nextbox but my 8642 HD PVR it says "Digital Terminal Rental"

I got both boxes Sept 2011. This makes no sense unless they call the 4642 HD Boxes Nextbox & not the HD PVR ones.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ever since the upgrade on my 8642HD I am getting a black screen on some channels that work fine on my 8300. I called tech support and he got me to do a reboot (which I did before I called) and after that didn't work, he booked me an appointment for next week for a tech to check it out.

Did anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted

@Leafs_fan wrote:

Ever since the upgrade on my 8642HD I am getting a black screen on some channels that work fine on my 8300. I called tech support and he got me to do a reboot (which I did before I called) and after that didn't work, he booked me an appointment for next week for a tech to check it out.

Did anyone else have this issue?

The QSG (Quick Start Guide), Call Display and service channels that were available on the 8300HD are not available on the 8642HD as has been stated earlier in this thread and Rogers have not stated whether or not they ever will be.   Also the music channels whilst still working for audio are blacked out visually only on the 8642HD since the latest firmware update.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

I've noticed that the box no longer displays the data (HD, 1080i etc. etc.) on it's display panel that it used to before the firmware upgrade.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am talking about tv channels... no picture or sound.

Highlighted

Sorry I misunderstood you. I guess you do need a technician to visit then.
Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes i noticed this as well. On my 8624 HD PVR It does not show ( HD , 1080i ) i am guessing they deactivated that with the new software.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meow

Maybe they just havent fully updated the 'listings' for both of them as 'netboxes'.  As long as you have the right hardware, that they are updated, working, and paying the right price, thats the important thing, right? 🙂

I did notice too, like you guys have said, the lack of the display on the front.. it does definately still switch modes.. just doesnt show it on the display... it was probably confusing too many people or something 😛