New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Agreed. If they did it box by box then it would take a year or 2 years to do it that way in which Rogers cable will be shut down.

They need to fix the bugs & problems they had when they first released the update. Here are some links that other users have provided on the other posts that will show you how many bugs & problems they first ones got with the update already.

http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=150244

Also look at the top on this page at IHR links. Read all those as well. Rogers shut down the update & are fixing it so they do not have this issue again.

Many costumers left Rogers when all this happened as well. ( this was told from a Rogers Manager from my Local Rogers plus store downtown Toronto underneath the Rogers tower.)

Hopefully it gets pushed out tomorrow. I live in Toronto & i am still waiting for it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If Bell would offer IPTV in Ottawa. I know alot of people would have left Rogers. Only reason I am on Rogers. It's the ONLY provider for my Appartment. I can't get Bell SAT. or IPTV. so Rogers it is.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Its just Rogers does not offer what Bell does & this is why people are leaving. The Guide looks really bad compare to Bells guide. I know people have left Rogers for the long wait to change the guide & also for the Whole home PVR. Rogers on Demand still has not been updated yet with new shows & yet Bell has. ( i know they are not the same but you know what i mean).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd leave if I could.

Also Rogers doesn't have all the good HD stations. and some digital stations I do get have so much re-encoding on they that the colors are all wrong and have blocking in the image. Example is Showcase DIVA.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On the case of shows/channels.. it may come down to WHO owns that network.

Reason you dont see spaceHD on rogers yet?  Its a tv company thats owned under the bell umbrella..  ones under there may get the 'rights' to put on on demand quicker than others.

Personaly, neither company is perfect.  I had bell firstly at my old home.. while generaly good.. had technicians out every few months to try and re adjust the dish.. it had CLEAR LoS, etc.. but you even get a few clouds in the sky, the signal would degrade.  At that point, i couldnt afford multiple boxes.. so then i couldnt have TV in more than one room (Where i could get basic cable still with rogers in any other room.

Sometimes, its choosing the lesser of all the evils 😛

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I was supposed to have my install on Feb 13th, got the email from Rogers confirming the install and the times. No tech showed up, no call from anyone at Rogers either..... More and more making my job eaiser on what to do come May...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Odd..

I know when you call in, they say the tech will call before comming.. that normaly doesnt happen 😛  But that i can live with.

The tech not comming though?  Ouch.

Im guessing since i havent seen the new IPG out yet.. maybe they are pushing back the installs, etc..
BUT.. if they did/are canceling them for now.. yes, they SHOULD have called you.

All anyone can do, is go off their experiences with the company.. and for you mostly seem negative, so i can totaly understand if you leave 😞  Hopefuly with whoever you go with, doesnt have the same problem.. but unfortunately is fairly common place 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So called in to follow up on why no one showed or called.  Guy i got on the phone was very helpful. He said i shouldn't have been booked at all as they got an internal memo saying the service will roll out as of Feb 27th for all of Ontario and that bookings can take place after that day. Rebooked me for March 3rd, we'll see what happens then lol.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. i DO remember seeing the info, that ALL people should have the new IPG rolled out BY the 27th...

I found it odd that their other stuff, said after the 7th.

Who wants to bet, someone made a BOOBOO and that 7th should read 27th? 😛

Thanks for the update 🙂

I'll still hold off booking mine till AFTER i get the IPG update.

Im just itching to use it.. sometimes im tired enough that i want to finish watching a recorded show, but dont want to be in the living room anymore.. i could go upstairs and finish watching it now, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It was no "BOOBOO" with regards to date. Rogers started rolling out the new IPG in late January and it was supposed to be done in phases to all customers completed by Feb 27. (Southern Ontario completed by Feb 6).  Rogers were supposed to start scheduling installtions of Whole Home PVR after 7 Feb once technicains were trained (and to be matched with customer's new IPG date slot)

Turned out (no surprise here...) that the product (new IPG software) was full of bugs. Hence the rollout was halted and still is. Since the new IPG is not rolled out, there is no point in taking reservations for Whole Home installations. Feb 27 is just a new date when they hope to have bugs fixed. It could very well be further delays...

It is just aother failure from Rogers...