New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Im guessing MOST of us in ontario will get it tonight.

Nothing last night/this morning.

Going to try to restart the box tomorrow morning if i dont see anything (though that shouldnt be needed, you never know :P)

Not work calling for a tech for the whole home PVR till i get the pvr update.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i have not yet received the update so i am waiting till tonight or tomorrow morning. My HD Box got the update a few days ago. I just hope there is no more problems since they took the update down to refix it. Let's hope Rogers fixed it the right way.
Kevinbroten
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm... no IPG update yet.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No update here either..
Allthough i did not reboot the box.. i will be doing that once i get home.

I am going to give it till the end of the week till i call.

Reading back over all the 'documentation' on it... its one of those things that is not guaranteed right away, but will happen.

'updates will be going out between now and feb 27th'

'you will be able to call to set up apointment starting feb 7th'

Doesnt mean the service WILL be out by then 😛

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No update yet here in Toronto. Even when rebooting the Box the update did NOT appear.

@Gdkitty. lol no the service will be up. usually they fix up the system from 2am -6am so they do the OTA update then. My sister has the HD box & she never lost service before or when she got the update.
Kevinbroten
I Plan to Stick Around

Called rogers, and they give a canned response that there services are currently being upgraded, and that support services are not available at this time, please call back later today. 

I hope this means that they are busy preparing the update push, and just don't want to make any other account changes when dealing with this process.

Lets hope the update is coming 'soon'.

Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Why do so many people want an upgrade so soon?

I'd rather wait another month if it means most of the bugs can be ironed out!

No sense getting a rushed job that does more damage than good ... in IT Land, faster coding does not mean better!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Why? It's once Rogers announces that they will launch the new update then we all get happy. They took it down to fix the bugs & then announced they will launch it this week. The look of the guide now looks ugly & all.. Even if Rogers releases the update next month ( lets say) bugs are still going to happen no matter what. There is no update that has no bugs or problems.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While the new one is a bit small, people with bad eyesight might have problems seeing it.. on the big screens, shouldnt be as much of an issue.. and the HD makes it SOOO much clearer.  (i have it on my regular HD box).

In the end.. im hoping the new IPG adds the features like the call display and access from the mobile app, that the 8300 already had.. which were features that i would regularily use.

As well, my wife has complained for ages, that she would love a feature like the whole home PVR.. and it being available will make her happy, which makes my life easier 😛

Kevinbroten
I Plan to Stick Around

Update: Ottawa is now listed as the 9th for the new IPG release.

And I've also found out, that:

The Whole Home PVR with Rogers on Demand Services. Requires an appropriete speed+bundled Rogers Internet Service on your account to function.