New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Correct.

Peter
Toronto
I Plan to Stick Around

Ironically, if you go to the Scientific Atlanta/Cisco site, the 8300 DOES support multi-room PVR so it's just a marketing upgrade plan.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but it does not support the IPG upgrade tho. So without the upgrade, you are not anle to get multi-room PVR. I called Scienitific Altanta & Cisco & they both told me the 8300 can not be upgrade to the new IPG from Rogers. There is a few people that got the same answer once they called & asked as well.
I've Been Around

I hope they bring it out to Calgary Alberta for the next box 2.0 blondieburrnett
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Meowmix wrote:
Yes but it does not support the IPG upgrade tho. So without the upgrade, you are not anle to get multi-room PVR. I called Scienitific Altanta & Cisco & they both told me the 8300 can not be upgrade to the new IPG from Rogers. There is a few people that got the same answer once they called & asked as well.

Maybe that is a good thing. The last upgrade to the 8300 was such an unmitigated disaster by Rogers that perhaps it is good that they may not provide any more upgrades! An upgrade from Rogers these days is more like a downgrade!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@akselsoft wrote:
Ironically, if you go to the Scientific Atlanta/Cisco site, the 8300 DOES support multi-room PVR so it's just a marketing upgrade plan.

Of course it does! Just one more thing Rogers does not want to give their customers unless they shell out more mega-bucks to upgrade to a new PVR! It is just like the older D2 modems which are capable of higher speeds and a higher usage allowance but Rogers is blackmailing their customers by insisting on an "upgrade" at a greater expense to their customers!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jprette wrote:
I hope they bring it out to Calgary Alberta for the next box 2.0 blondieburrnett

Trust me - you do not want it!