New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Do you really need the whole description?

Yeah, sure, its something they should fix..

But is that really a deal breaker KV??  by the first few words of a synposis, you should be able to figure out if its recording A or B of a particular episode, etc.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Trying PIP causes the box to reboot. Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the thread is rather long to read every single post.
Peter
Toronto
I've Been Here Awhile

I have Cisco PVR 8642 and I stumbled on the Lobbycam channel 988 yesterday. Lobby channel 998 never came through for me. Something changed after the upgrade.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PMC

Just checked my PIP.  tried changing up 50 channels, and moved to all locations on screen, entered in and out of it 4 times.  Works fine here.

It works for me OK if I'm using Modern HD as my Appearance setting but crashes in the other one.

@minka:  the lobbycam's wont work until the landlord/condo owners employ digital equipment.   They should consult with Rogers on that..

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Modern HD is the default one, right?

Havent tried switchit it yet.. maybe will tonight, then give it a try, see if it fails on mine as well.

Sorry, I meant Classic HD - brain working back to front as usual. Yes Modern is the default. I actually prefer the Classic one.
Peter
Toronto
I've Been Here Awhile

When are they going to fix this IPG they have forced upon some of us?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So, I have the new IPG applied to my older 8642 box. It seems like I have a lot less recording space than I did before.

Or at the very least, it stops recording anything when I have 20% space remaining. That's a significant reduction in the amount of space I have available. How do I fix this?

It shouldn't have changed the amount of space you have on the hard drive, however it may be overlooking any external drive you may be using.  Try powering off, unpluggiung the box, then the external drive.

Replug in the external drive and then replug in the box and see if it recognizes the space after booting.

If not perhaps time to call Tech Support.

Peter
Toronto