New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

@dan

From what a few others have said.. is unless you are specificaly signed up for the whole home.. you may HAVE to ask to have it pushed out.. you should be able to call and ask for it.. (it may be on the myrogers self service account area not, not sure).

---

As for me... i got both my houses :D.. the update DID push out to both the regular HD box and the 8642 pvr.  The whole home is working on the HD box.  Hit list, and it brings up the EXACT same menu as the PVR does for playback 🙂

Now.. ONLY thing i noticed.. no clue why.. is that my HDMI stoped working on the box up there 😞  Gonna play with it more tomorrow.. unplug it all, reboot it again, and try the hdmi again.  Got it on component at least for now.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you have the 8642HD already you can order the enhance guide online on your account page at 'My Rogers'.

In the TV section.

EnhancedGuide JPG

I thought we could post images here, it appears I'm wrong.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

...that thought white font with a bright red or yellow highlights in the new IPG would be a good idea?  Didn't Rogers put this new IPG through any user acceptance testing before releasing it?  

Everyone I know who has the new IPG finds it painful to read anything that's being highlighted in red (the guide) or in bright yellow (on demand).

I would have thought the first tester to look at it would have said, 'wait a minute, this is a terrible experience shouldn't we pick colors with more contrast?'

Also, the number of steps it now takes to delete something from your PVR is overkill.  Really, I have to click 4 times to delete a single item?

Hopefully Rogers is listening...but since it took them an eternity just to roll this update out I won't hold my breath for any improvements any time soon.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok wow, the guy at Rogers said it will happen on it's own.  But I did what you said and found where to sign up.  Awesome thanks for all the help! 

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Mine took just over 2 days to come in after I had requested it online.   When the update comes in the box may reboot a couple of times, make sure nothing's blinking or moving on the display before trying to turn things on.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Service installer just left, filters are in place, codes on account, lets see how long it takes to start working. Poor guy has done like 10 installs, only 2 worked while he was in the house.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

2hrs later, sevice is up and running, enjoying the shows off my PVR which is upstairs, from my other box in the basement, so far, so good!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is good to hear :). How is the IPG for you guys?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

How is it hard or painful to read the white on Red?... I agree i want to know as well if Rogers did test this with actual costumers before releasing it so they could see what they need to change.

About the 4 steps to delete a show or movie from the PVR is overkill. Agreed with that. They should at least made it 2 steps to delete a show not 4.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

well, the white on yellow is definitely much worse, but i still find myself having to constantly squint to make out the white on red and i'm watching on a 55" bravia xbr

i just think they should have picked colors with more of a contrast, ie' a dark and light color rather than two bright colors