New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

oh alright. Well then I guess Rogers is doing whatever they think us best. Also can you doo me a fav. Next time edit ur post add stuff on that one instead of posting 3 times at once. sorry just he that and it looks bad as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, I seem to remember getting a letter from Rogers stating they were pushing the update to all customers that have the Cisco line of boxes. Nowhere on it does it say I need to change my plan. So unless Rogers plans on going back on their promises they should have to push the firmware.

I may go and buy one of the standard Cisco HD box to complete the setup however the new IPG should still be pushed to me as per their letter.

I will call them when I get home and advise them the same.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like they are spinning the IPG as a feature of Nextbox 2.0 bundled packages now.

Same as Live TV on tablet.. aka (rogersondemand.com tablet app.), and Whole home PVR.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You don't need to change plans. just pay the install fee.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They are just not advertising that its updated from either 

1) get a Nextbox 2.0 plan!

or

2) pay $49.99 to upgrade your Enhanced Digital STB, to Nextbox 2.0 Digital STB.

They seemed to have decided on the Nextbox 2.0 banding and packaging after giving us those letters. Looks like a last minute push to recover customers from Bell. Just a pr thing.

(edit)

I personally dislike the $49.99 fee to get the new IPG and activate Nextbox 2.0 But oh well guess they need to make the money back somewhere.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea that is what I am saying. They said the update would go out to anyone with those boxes. Also please kevin edit your post and write one post instead of writting 3-4 of them at once. It seems like spam.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry gotta stop sending these on my Blackberry.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

They told me on the phone just the other day that the update would be sent out for anyone with 8642 boxes regardless of package.   That's basically what the letter said.   Today was supposed to be the deadline I believe, so there is still a while to go before it's passed.  Just rebooted just in case, still nothing here.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They told me my box's should flag be the new firmware now and troubleshooted it, but for some reason my box's aren't picking up the new firmware. So they have had to open an internal ticket to figure out why it's not updating. Hopefully sometime today it will finally update because they are installing tommorow.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi.

I just called Rogers Tech Support to ask if my 8642PVR and 4642HD were set up to receive the IPG updates.

They were not!!!

I was sent to Customer Service, who said they have set up my 2 boxes to receive the new IPG,  which could take up to 48 hours.

I just wanted to add that I purchased these 2 boxes from the SONY store, so maybe they weren't on Rogers immediate update list.

Anyone who hasn't recieved the update and bought their boxes - but not trhough Rogers - may want to give Rogers Customer Support a call.

Oh: also, the Customer Support Rept said that as long as we have the Cisco boxes, we don't need the plan ... just $50 for installation (the filters).