New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Nextbox 2.0 is when you have a 1-2 8642 and 1+ 4642 MoCA networked for Whole Home PVR. if you have 1 of each you can request them to be networked and the new IPG firmware pushed.

I Plan to Stick Around

"I was also told that even with just a normal whole home pvr (nextbox 2.0) not paired with internet bundle, that you get a free 1 TB extender for the HD-PVR's."

Talked to another agent, and the 1TB extender is only with the new packages Nextbox 2.0. The previous agent didn't know what they was talking about. Infact they failed to book my install appointment even.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the reply. It appeared to me that it was a whole new pvr that needed to be purchased. I only have one 8642 so i guess that i am not even able to get the new firmware for the IPG only. I will have to look into upgrading my standard box to an HD box

I Plan to Stick Around

I believe they are only pushing the new firmware to people that sign up to upgrade the STB's to NextBox 2.0's I had to do that to start the IPG upgrade.

So needing to buy a Nextbox 2.0 plan. Or pay the 49.99$ install for existing customers with digital cable plans.

I Plan to Stick Around

@

Nextbox 2.0 Platnium:

•  
    TV Service
    • Digital VIP
    • FREE NextBox 2.0 HDPVRrental for 6 months with 2-yr NextBox 2.0 Package1
    • NextBox 2.0 HD Terminalrental
  •  
  •  
    Internet Service
    • Express Internet with 80 GB Usage Assurance
    • Home Gateway rental
  •  
  •  
    Bonus!
    • FREE 1TB PVR Extender 1000 ($169.99 value)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will have to look into it. 

Im afraid i may have to wait to upgrade my package as we have some very good discounts at present time and in my experiance rogers always messes up the discounts when switching my packages.

I currently pay $260 for:

Digital VIP

Extreme plus

two smartphones with data.

at present time i do not want to spend more so i will have to wait untill my discounts expire until i  go for new packaging.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The update comes by it self.. I have both HD box an the 8642 HD PVR and my HD got the update 4 weeks ago while my HD PVR got it 2 days ago without me calling in or anything. I called AFTER both boxes got it to do the installation. Also the nextbox is the same 8642 HD PVR but tbe update is already installed. I have confirmed this many times with Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I got a good Discount

Nextbox 2.0/(HD8642) HD PVR 160GBFree

Nextbox 2.0/(HD4642) HD STBFree

DTA-50 AdapterFree

Digital Plus $54.80 /month (+30% discounted)

Going to pay 49.99$ to get Nextbox installed. Hope they don't mess up by Discount. 

I Plan to Stick Around

When I talked to Rogers they informed me that they are no longer "auto" patching box's and are only adding box's who's accounts are flag as having Nextbox service.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had been expecting the patch to roll out as you said. and it never did. Then found out from Redboards that the patch has become a on-demand patch since they released Nextbox 2.0

I was told to many users complained about the new IPG. so unless you want Nextbox 2.0 IPG you don't get it now.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats