New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

@Meowmix wrote:

SO i waited on the line for an hour for a tech they finally came on the phone. The tech supprt agent did not seem to even search for the problem. She just said " its probably a signal issue which needs to be either looked at or repaird." I know for a fact its not a signal issue because how could i see the name of the artist & the name of the song before the update & now with the new update i can not see it at all & just a black scree. :/.. she asked if i can do a booking for a tech to come over & once i told her i will call Rogers when i see when i am free next week she was forcing me to get the booking done with her 😕 I already have a booking for a tech top come over Tuesday to set up the whole home PVR & she was insisting to do it at the same time as them. I told her i can not & she keeped going on & on. So i finally told her the same day but will call back & cancel it.

I asked her about the call Display & she had no info about that either. It seems that Rogers tech support agents over the phone do not read anything else just give you a answer they want.

Yes it does seem like they read from a  set script doesn't it?   The guy doing the whole home PVR thingy could probably give you the low-down on why those Galaxy channels are now blank.

Good luck and thanks for asking about the Call Display. 

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I edited my post but i called back & spoke to a
cable tech support agent & Manager. They both told me that Rogers knows about it & soon will roll out another update to fix this issue.
I explained that the other agent did not know this & forced me to get a tech rep to come over because she thought it was a signal issue & they both started to laugh saying they are going to send her boss a email to train her properly. My Sisters HD box the new one got this update 3 weeks ago & her is doing the same so hopefully Rogers get the update out soon to fix it.

Well that's good to know.   Good luck with whole home PVR setup.

Peter
Toronto

Re: Do I Need to Turn PVR Off For Upgrade? (Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!)

@Speedy1701 wrote:

Hi.

I usually leave my 8642OVR on at night to a music station to workaround the HSUD problem.

Will the new IPG firmware get pushed even if the PVR is on?

Yes as meowmix has said you need to reboot to get any update. It';s strange that you get that HSUD issue. Mine is quiet and spins down as it should.

Peter
Toronto
I've Been Around

I have rebooted my 8642 and still do not have the update. Is this update being deployed at different times for different regions? I am in Markham btw.

Yes it is.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It gets deployed at different times in each region / city / division & such.  I live in Scarborough & got yesterday. I know a few people in Toronto which got it this morning & yesterday as well.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just called Customer Service and they said it should be rolled out by end of day Feb. 27.

She said we should call Feb. 28 if you still haven't received the new IPG.

I Plan to Stick Around

Getting the Whole Home PVR installed feb 28th in Ottawa. but yet to see the new Nextbox 2.0 IPG firmware that they said would be pushed out tonight.

I was also told that even with just a normal whole home pvr (nextbox 2.0) not paired with internet bundle, that you get a free 1 TB extender for the HD-PVR's.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Netbox 2.0 is that just the new firmware or does Rogers expect customers to buy a new PVR. I have the Cisco 8642 (i think)