New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

I talked to the technical department at Rogers about the MoCA networking for Wholehome PVR and it does not require a Rogers Internet connection to function, this is as I expect from my knowledge of MoCA home networks. 

They place a Point of Entry filter at your demarc, and then use the 1125 MHz to 1523 Mhz contained to inside the home to provide a IP based network. It not connected to and with you internet connection at all. You must use RG6 cabling thru your home, and have 5-1500MHz+ splitters used after the POE. a 5-1000MHz splitter will not function with the MoCA frequencies.

There is a <3db return loss from use of the POE, my preferance would be to have the cable modem splittered off before the POE. But I'll see what the install tech does.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There is ABSOLUTLEY no need for Internet bundle to make whole home or new IPG to work.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is another example of a rep that knows nothing at all.. You do NOT need internet for the whole home pvr.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for clarifying, that made no sense that it would require Internet service to function.  Too much misinformation from the CS reps, unless they are just trying to upsell people.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers reps always give people the wrong info if they do not know anything at all.

I hope Rogers does release the update tonight. I would love to see how everything is on my HD PVR.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya the CS and Sales reps seemed to think Internet was required, and tried upselling a Cable Modem service when I called in. I'm glade I know enough about the whole home pvr to recognize that all the reps I talked to didn't know what they was talking about. 

Once I got a tech on the phone, he confirmed that the reps had been mistaken.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ottawa was to release on the 6th. but it's now scheduled for the 9th.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing updated in the Oshawa area. I am so looking forward to calling in to get my appointment setup and to see how bad my bill will get messed up after lol.

I Plan to Stick Around

Called the number on the mailing I got to setup my install, the rep on the phone said that no installs were happening until after the 13th but they could open work orders now and book the installed. Soooo after he finally was able to find my account (couldnt' find it even though my home phone number is a rogers home phone number lol) my install is booked for the 13th.  He also said that the new guides should be rolling out on or after that same date so we'll see....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh.. interesting..

I guess the original date of the 7th, was just to be able to start setting up the installs..

Either that, or they just arbitrarily were pushing it back, as they havent fixed the update yet Smiley Tongue

At least you were able to get a tech that had that info.. rather than alot of them which are clueless (even though they had a problem finding your account Smiley Tongue)