New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New IPG and Whole Home PVR!

Nothing updated here yet. I wonder if and when they are going to give the 8642 people the QSG, Call Display etc.?
Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i saw someone (apparently a rogers employee) posted on another forum that the new ipg is supposed to be deployed on Monday

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting..What forum was that ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

probaly digital home or dsl reports

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This has been partially rolled out. And if you have not yet received it, be thankful. It has been nothing short of a disaster so far to say the least. See this thread for all the gory details:

http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=150244

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well mine has not yet changed so i guess that is a good thing. I live in Toronto so i know soon enough it will change.

I have read about 20 posts in which people are complaining & calling rogers about the issues. I hope Rogers releases a fix on the issues.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Had a tech out yesterday to fix a signal problem... and inqured with him.

Apparently yes there was issues with the IPG with the 8642.. which is why they stoped pushing it out.

They are fixing them right now, and when he called into the office, the person there said that by this weekend it should be pushed out again (in time for the whole home PVR thing to start).

I just cross my fingers the caller ID thing works on the 8642 with this update.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no IPG in Ottawa,we previously was told booking for the Wholehome DVR installs start on the 7th of feb.

I suspect Rogers has the update fixed and ready to deploy, but is not going to release the patch till after the superbowl.

If they left thousands of people with out STB's on superbowl sunday, they would be in trouble. The superbowls ad space value is worth to much to risk a service outage.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah, i would assume that the IPG will update either over tonight or tomorrow, to have them done before the being able to call on the 7th to set up the whole home pvr.

Oh, and i was able to talk to a tech out on a call.  For anyone that questions the $50 fee, for installing the filter.. its pretty important that they do.

When the ontario techs were training.. the guy i talked to and a bunch of other techs, installed one WITHOUT the filter at their local.. and had one about 10 miles away install one there without a filter.. and they STILL saw each other as they were within the same local routing area.... YIKES..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers confirmed that the new IPG will be pushed into Ottawa West 02/06/12 and the Wholehome PVR will be availible 02/07/12.

Looks like I was right, and they didn't want to mess with superbowl last night.