New Home Phone option!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

New Home Phone option!

Just was wondering what all of you have heard about Rogers' new home phone option, regarding what's available via the IGNITE bundles?

I ask, because so much press and effort have been expended toward the new Internet packages, but not too many people have been made aware of the IGNITE home phone. Just wondering who has heard what...

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Home Phone option!

Hello BAppel81

I am sure many have noticed it but not sold on it or want it. Not going to lie it seems nice but i or any people in my family are interested in the home phone from Rogers. After being spammed by Rogers about their home phone service every time we call for something else or getting emails / calls from them about it we decided to stay with Bell. Although we do use Rogers internet in the house & cable lol.

Maybe Rogers should do a better advertising for it?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Thanks for your response, Meowmix!

I agree that Rogers should do a better job of advertising the home phone option that comes as part of its IGNITE bundles, but I think they identify the draw of Rogers has always been our Cable/Internet/Wireless products.

Getting a landline is not as popular as it once was, I agree, and I am in the 18-35 crowd that most consider the home phone "dead zone". Rogers has definitely hit a homerun with the home-phone add-on, though.

19.99, and you get 6 features and unlimited calling in North America. I mean, even if you don't *need* a home phone, who could say no to that? Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've been with Rogers home phone every since it was an actual "copper line" service and haven't had a day of trouble with it.

I see some people say that the new bundles are a financial wash for them and it just makes me think I'm a terrible negotiator. With the home phone special, moving up to ignite 60 (which is triple the speed if my old package) and the cable discount, I'm poised to save $100 per month over the first 3 mos, and 50-60 per over the remaining 21 months.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

BAppel81:

"19.99, and you get 6 features and unlimited calling in North America. I mean, even if you don't *need* a home phone, who could say no to that? :smileytongue:"

I for one can say no. On the financial side, I always consider the annual, rather than the monthly cost of something. This comes to $271 a year with tax. I've had cell phones exclusively with Rogers since 2008. I use Rogers One Number, which comes with my wireless package, and long distance in Canada is free, plus RON calls are not charged against my wireless plan.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Every person/household is different 🙂

While RoN is great! (i use it on my cell phone, which doesnt have canada wide, to make long distance calls)...

Say in my household.. which has Me, My wife, and my young son who likes talking on the phone.. using RoN isn't the most viable option..  Something easily accessible from multiple phones with one source, etc.. its alot easier.

Each person has to see which works best for them :).

The phone deal is GREAT.. if i didnt have the TV discount i did right now.. between the phone savings and the internet, i would be saving more money with this bundle.. but the TV discount outweighs it right now.