New Channels Coming Soon??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upsdriver9
I Plan to Stick Around

New Channels Coming Soon??

Hey Guys,

Anyone know when Cartoon Network is coming to Rogers? those bell people already have Cartoon Network and CP24 was added as an HD channel, when is Rogers going to give us these channels?? been waiting a long time for Cartoon Network, come on rogers lets get the ball rolling...

***Edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Channels Coming Soon??

Hello upsdriver9

No one knows if Rogers will carry or even give us Cartoon Network if anything. Rogers has added many HD channels within the last 2 months. CP24 is owned by Bell, this is why they get higher priority then Rogers does. I noticed yesterday Bell changed CP24 channel & made it look a bit different but no HD for Rogers. This could be like i said because Bell owns CP24.
upsdriver9
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your reply Meowmix,

Yeah it is a shame, I been with rogers for centuries and we still are  begging for things, hehehehehe, I was at my friends place last night and he has this new Bell fibe thing and I was flipping through his channels and Cartoon Network was there both on SD and HD -  and yeah CP 24 has a remake, it looks much neater and cleaner, also it is available on HD too with them bell fibes. Man what a shame that we have to wait so long to get some good channels on HD...

miker
I'm Here A Lot

Still no sign of E HD or Comedy HD Will we now have to wait months or years for these channels in HD Not to mention ABC SPARK  and Cartoon Network Have given up on ever seeing Spike HD or  AMC HD on Rogers

mf152
I Plan to Stick Around

It's unusual that Fox News is not available in HD, and the SD version is not available in any mainstream packages, and is difficult to buy on its own (unless you go to the new packages, not the grandfathered ones, like VIP)  It seems to me to be an ideological decision, since CNN has none of the above restrictions. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

CNN and the others, fall under a 'news' catagory for coverage, etc.. that they are in certain plans, etc.

From my understanding, Fox News (and also Sun news network) have applied in Canada to be considered a NEWS station.. but failed to meet the criteria. 

So while they are offered.. they dont have to be offered in the same way.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

CNN and the others, fall under a 'news' catagory for coverage, etc.. that they are in certain plans, etc.

From my understanding, Fox News (and also Sun news network) have applied in Canada to be considered a NEWS station.. but failed to meet the criteria. 

The criteria must be that the reporting has to be slanted to the Left.  It seems to work for the mainstream news channels, Smiley Wink

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

I think you are onto something there @OLDYELLR, much to the chagrin of many.  Smiley Mad Also, Sun News was shut down over 2 years ago. 

DominicB
I Plan to Stick Around

Oldies ... ME-TV, COZI TV, ANTENNA TV

Are there any plans to bring these oldies stations from the US to Rogers?

ME-TV
ANTENNA-TV
COZI TV

How does the process work?  Does the station make the first move?  Does the CRTC still require a certain % of Canadian content?

We used to have TV Land Canada and DejaView on Rogers, which weren't that bad when they made their debut back in 2001, but their programming now, well, let's put it this way:

I'd rather watch paint dry.

RogersTony

Hello @DominicB,

I know how important it is to have a diverse range of channels with content that you enjoy. Especially those Classic TV shows that take you back to old times. 

At the moment I am not aware of any plans to have these stations added to the Rogers Network. I am hoping that this is something that will be considered in the near future. Our channel lists are constantly changing as channels are added and removed periodically.

We appreciate your feedback on this topic, it’s possible that if enough demand is generated for these channels they may get added eventually or at least something similar.

Regards,

RogersTony