New Channel: ROD1 (Brampton ch 115)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

New Channel: ROD1 (Brampton ch 115)

Hello all,

I was browsing my guide on Sunday and noticed a new channel - 115 (ROD1).  Very interesting - it has guide data and program information, but appears to access a Rogers On-Demand (ROD) movie directly. 

Switching to this channel brings up a window for "Ghostbusters (2016) (HD)", and gives three options: Order, Preview, Cancel - the same thing shown if ordering the movie from channel 100. 

Is anyone else seeing this, or is this a strange test being carried out only in my area?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Channel: ROD1 (Brampton ch 115)

Hello @57,

You may have read about this here in my other thread - I created a new topic to spark discussion. 

I find this new method interesting - Rogers can start creating channels which re-direct to thier most popular ROD content, making things easier to find for seniors or people who don't feel like digging into channel 100 for new movies.

EDIT: You found the post while I was typing the above.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, it's here in Toronto too. I read a post on this very recently, but I can't find it with the usual searches - strange.

Edit - found it - it was your post yesterday.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @57,

You may have read about this here in my other thread - I created a new topic to spark discussion. 

I find this new method interesting - Rogers can start creating channels which re-direct to thier most popular ROD content, making things easier to find for seniors or people who don't feel like digging into channel 100 for new movies.

EDIT: You found the post while I was typing the above.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Heads up - more new ROD (VOD) linear channels have come online in Brampton:

Channel 203 - ROD2 (VOD Movie Channel 2)

Channel 320 - ROD3 (VOD Movie Channel 3)

Channel 330 - ROD4 (VOD Movie Channel 4)

Channel 428 - ROD5 (VOD Movie Channel 5)