New Cap & Usage Allowance?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

New Cap & Usage Allowance?

does this apply to Ultimate and if so, what are the new speeds & the usage allowance 😕 I use about 500GB a month and It would really help if it would be doubled, but I doubt it going to be doubled from the 250GB.

and what happened to the 10Mbit upload rumer I been hearing about 😕 is this maybe it?

Dear <name>,

RE: Your Rogers account <account#>

We're pleased to inform you that we're upgrading your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet service again at absolutely no additional charge so you can surf more and download more - faster than ever before!

Best of all, you don't have to do a thing - your Rogers Hi-Speed Package will be automatically upgraded by March 8, 2012 to include:
	a higher monthly usage allowance of 1 (currently ) and
	a faster download speed of up to 2 (currently up to )

All other aspects of your Rogers service(s) remain the same.

Enjoy your additional free service upgrades and thank you for choosing Rogers for your high speed internet needs.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: New Cap & Usage Allowance?

Hi,

I'm Nicolas from Rogers Social Media team.

Our sincere apologies for the confusion. This email was sent by mistake to some but we are making upgrades for eligible customers who are utilizing Rogers DOCSIS 3.0 capabilities and who are signed up for Express or Extreme high-speed internet packages.

Nicolas

@RogersNicolas | Rogers Social Media team

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I recieved the same email earlier, but just recieved a new one saying that email was a mistake...

Earlier today we sent you an email regarding changes to your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet service. This email was sent in error and there are currently no changes to your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet package.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for choosing Rogers as your Hi-Speed Internet provider. 

I have the extreme plus package, so my speed should be 32down and 1up and 150gbs bandwith right?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If your using that much (500gig) each month you should really consider switching providers...thats what i'm doing i've had it with the high rates and caps on Rogers add to that i get throttled all the time which means i'm paying for high speed but not getting it. Teksavvy has unlimited internet for 61.95 mth i pay more than that with Rogers and only get 150 gigs...that email got me excited that i might stay but now i'm sure to move on! 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi,

I'm Nicolas from Rogers Social Media team.

Our sincere apologies for the confusion. This email was sent by mistake to some but we are making upgrades for eligible customers who are utilizing Rogers DOCSIS 3.0 capabilities and who are signed up for Express or Extreme high-speed internet packages.

Nicolas

@RogersNicolas | Rogers Social Media team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I wish I could, I will switch whenever they offer it in my area.. Teksavvy just doesn't have highspeed internet here 😕 

I love rogers speeds & services overall, but the **bleep** cap is redicilous.

Idk if there is a way to get the cap off or higher somehow.. maybe if enough customers ask for it they will accept a higher cap ? or something?!