New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Any date of firmware being released for the cgn3 ? 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, all I can say is that it appears that there was an upgrade which was noticed yesterday.  Other than that, I haven't seen anything about it.  It would be nice if the RE's were given some details of device upgrades, to be able to answer questions and help out where applicable, but, unfortunately that doesn't happen.  We're in the dark, just like everyone else.

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Will we know when the firmware is out for the cgn3 ? Will you let us know ?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which modem are you running at the present time, CGN3 or CGN3ACSMR, just wondering?

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

I'm using the cgn3acsmr at the moment but will be going back to the CGN3 soon as they fix firmware. I'm on a old hybrid 150 plan and they are charging me $3 month for the cgn3acsmr with the CGN3 I didn't have to pay anything. That's why I'm going back.
VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@lethalsniper wrote:
I'm using the cgn3acsmr at the moment but will be going back to the CGN3 soon as they fix firmware. I'm on a old hybrid 150 plan and they are charging me $3 month for the cgn3acsmr with the CGN3 I didn't have to pay anything. That's why I'm going back.

That's not exactly right - on the old hybrid plans, you're still being charged a modem rental fee (but the rental fee for the CGN3 was included in the advertised price).

If you bought a used CGN3, you'd end up paying $12/month less than if you rented it... or $15/month less than for renting a CGN3ACSMR.

(Of course, I am hesitant to recommend buying a CGN3 - certainly didn't work out well for me...)

alan4160
I Plan to Stick Around

My friend just switch the the new Advanced Wifi Modem, and now it keep blocking (firewall block, blah blah blah) League of Legends. I had the same issue before, the Firmware of the modem needs to be updated... Could someone help?
RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @alan4160,

Welcome to the Community!

I can definitely assist you with upgrading the firmware of you modem.  I will have @CommunityHelps reach out to you via private msg, in order to proceed with your request. 

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Regards,

RogersCilio

kangkang0207
I've Been Around

I've been having problem(connection issues) playing League of legends(specificly just this game somehow) ever since I switched to my new CGN3 AC. I looked it up and figured it wasn't just me, it's actually alot of people having the same problem as I did. Fortunately, I found someone extremely helpful has already provided a solution to fix this matter:

"Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Update: We are happy to announce that the new firmware which resolves the League of Legends connectivity issue has now been deployed across the network . Customers who received a modem with the old firmware will be updated automatically within 48-72 hours. The new firmware is 4.5.8.16.

This only applies to the CGN3ACSMR."

My current firmware version is 4.4.8.14 which I believe is the main cause of this issue. According to the solution I found above, my firmware should have been updated automatically yet the update doesn't seems to happen on my modem.

Could someone kindly give some instruction on how I can update my modem manually?

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @kangkang0207,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community!Smiley Happy

We can definitely assist you with updating the firmware of your modemI  have sent you a private message from our @CommunityHelps. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums. You can also click here to access your inbox. 

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks, 

RogersArthur