New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregglasbergen
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with updating the firmware on the CGNACSMR Router? Thank you!

VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@gregglasbergen wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with updating the firmware on the CGNACSMR Router? Thank you!

When did you get the CGN3ACSMR? Normally it should update itself to the latest version within two days or so... 

If it hasn't, then you should reach out to @CommunityHelps and they can manually push it out... 

gregglasbergen
I've Been Here Awhile

I had it installed earlier today (around 12pm), but i was hoping to have it manually pushed out. I will contact Community helps then. Thanks!

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to note, the current network wide firmware version for the CGN3ACSMR is 4.5.8.16.  As we speak, type, etc, version 4.5.8.20 is being distributed to deal with IPV6 issues that have been observed over the last week.  So, if you do happen to let the distribution run its course, you should end up with 4.5.8.20 fairly soon.

VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@Datalink wrote:

Just to note, the current network wide firmware version for the CGN3ACSMR is 4.5.8.16.  As we speak, type, etc, version 4.5.8.20 is being distributed to deal with IPV6 issues that have been observed over the last week.  So, if you do happen to let the distribution run its course, you should end up with 4.5.8.20 fairly soon.

That would be my advice too - be patient, either .16 or ideally .20 should be pushed out within a day or two... 

alan4160
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there,

Is there anyone could help me  update the modem firmware?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no way you can do it manually.

It is all pushed from the back end.  When new firware is release, its done in waves and can be over a few weeks till everyone gets it.

If you just recieved a new modem, it may be a number of versions behind.
It can take up to 72 hours for the firmware to be pushed out.

lee_3_00
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Rocket Modem Hitron CGN3ACSMR Firmware Update

Need a little help here,

Currently a Rogers Ignite 100u subscriber, been having issues with my modem as of recently. Issue would be for example, when I run a Speedtest I average about 65-70 Mbps however, when it tries and runs an upload speed test the Rocket modem just dies out until I have to powercycle the modem. No issues when connected by wire, but through wifi especially anything I try and upload, my Rocket modem just dies out. 

Current firmware of my modem is 4.4.8.14 and I've heard there's a new firmware update that became available, but I don't want to drive around my city needlesy trying to find the right Rogers store that has the most recent firmware on the Rocket modem Hitron CGN3ACSMR.

Was wondering if any one can possibly assist with this?

RogersMoin

Hello, @lee_3_00

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The issue you've described could be the combination of both RF signal and the firmware. Would you please post the Downstream and Upstream tables from the Status/DOCSIS WAN page of the modem, this data will help in analysing the RF signal reaching your modem.

As for the firmware update, please send us a private message to us at @CommunityHelps. To learn more about our Private Messaging system, please click here.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

aube
I Plan to Stick Around

My CGN3ACSMR is still running the hold firmware 4.4.8.14.  How can I get the latest firmware which I think should be 4.5.8.16 or the newest 4.5.8.20.