cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Have you sent in a request to @CommunityHelps?

hello I can not play league of legends, it always show that cannot connect to the server.
My model name is CGN3ACSMR

hk19891414
I've Been Here Awhile

i just use rogers network. but I can not play league of legend it show the cannot connect to the server. My model name is CGN3ACSMR.

Can you edit your posts and remove the CM MAC address please.  Its not a good security policy to leave that out in the open.

The CGN3ACSMR should be updated from firmware version 4.4.8.14 to 4.5.8.16 in 48 to 72 hours.  Until that update, online gaming, using VOIP devices, VPNs or any other latency intolerant application will be an exercise in frustration.  If after 72 hours the firmware has not updated it can be requested thru @CommunityHelps.

Glendajane
I Plan to Stick Around
I keep trying to edit but have had no luck. Am I missing something?

Glendajane
I Plan to Stick Around
And I was finally updated on Sunday after three more phone calls and a community helps message

Glendajane
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks for all of your help by the way!!

Glendajane
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry that was Monday it was updated. Losing track of time

Games and applications working as they should after the update?

hk19891414
I've Been Here Awhile

I am the new client of the CGN3ACSMR. I can not play Leagues of Legends since it always show that it can not connect to the server. 

Glendajane
I Plan to Stick Around
Yes and thank you so much for all the info...they are happy and not bugging me anymore

@hk19891414 wrote:

I am the new client of the CGN3ACSMR. I can not play Leagues of Legends since it always show that it can not connect to the server. 

You need to wait the 72 hours after install, and the firmware should be updated to it.

If it has not by the full 72 hours... then contact @CommunityHelps

Glendajane
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried repeatedly to edit the content of my posts but have been unable to do it myself. Do I have to contact someone to do it for me?

Hi @Glendajane

You can edit your post within 24 hours of posting. 

If there's something you are looking to change on your post please lets us know.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana

Fwiw, I don't think you can go as far as 24 hours.  Maybe that is what is supposed to happen, but I've found that it's much less than that.  I think usually anything you post on a given day can't be edited after midnight.  During the day itself, its only a few hours before the post seems to be locked out from editing.

@Glendajane when you want to edit your own post, to the right of the title of your post is a drop down menu. It shows a washer type symbol and a down arrow to the right of that.  Clicking on either one should bring up the drop down menu.  The top selection is "Edit Reply", which will bring up the next page with the existing post showing.  At that point you should be able to edit the existing post.

GregGlas
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, just had the modem installed today by a Rogers employee.... just quickly seeing if this issue has been resolved at all since I don't want to sift through 57 pages of responses. 

From what I could see at a quick glance, I need to wait approx. 72 hours for League of Legends and other online gaming apps to work properly (or at least until the firmware updates?) 

Just some quick confirmation would be great so I'm not wasting my time or anything. 

Thanks

Yup, that is correct.  The current firmware is most likely 4.4.8.14.  The update firmware is 4.5.8.16 which resolves connect / disconnect issues with League of Legends and other online games, issues with VOIP devices and VPNs and just about any other latency intolerant application.  The jury is still out for PS3s and PS4s.  If you look at the very first post in the following thread, you can see the difference in the latency for ping tests to the modem, before and after version 4.5.8.16 loads.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2532...

GregGlas
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. I checked the firmware version on the router, and it's the older version you stated. Is there any way to force the update through? It's not a rush, obviously, but if I can avoid waiting three or more days, I'd like to push it through if I can. 

Thanks for the help. 

Hello, @GregGlas

Thank you for your post. As stated by @Datalink the firmware will be updated automatically within 48 hours from the time the modem came online.

Would you please PM your modem's MAC and your Cable Account Reference Number to @CommunityHelps and I'll follow up with the deployment team.

Thank your for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

GregGlas
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for help. Firmware updated now and everything seems to be working fine. 

eshrai
I've Been Here Awhile

Any work around if you dont wanna wait 48 hrs?