cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

My guess is the modem.  I just asked my son, who plays LOL on an Asus gaming laptop, I7 16 gig ram, SSD, etc, etc.  His laptop is connected via the house ethernet to an Asus RT-AC68U router, which then connects to the CGN3ACSMR with the firmware update.  The modem runs in Bridge mode with the router running in full router mode.  He has used Skype at the same time, but normally uses the in game chat.   In any event, if there were any issues there with simultaneous use of Skype, I would have heard about it.  But, he didn't notice anything unusual from what he remembers of those games. 

What you could do is run an experiment.  Run LOL on the one pc, and Skype on the other.  I'm assuming that both are connected via ethernet.  If you have no issues, that narrows down the issue to running LOL and Skype on the same port of the modem.  If you do have issues with LOL and Skype on different ports, then that is definitely worth raising.  Each port should be independent and the assumption that I am making at the present time is that the modem has enough horsepower to run both applications without one causing issues for the other, at least on separate ports.  The fact that you had no problems with this prior to switching to Rogers is telling in itself.  It might just be that if you want to retain the capability to run LOL and Skype on the same pc, that you will have to invest in a good router.

JesseF
I Plan to Stick Around
I mean, I shouldn't have to buy another router to get the service I'm paying for but I guess I may have to.

Could you ask your son to possibly run the game without the extra router? Just off of the rogers modem/router combo? See if he has any issues.

It is just off of one pc, when I'm on skype and league on the same pc it messes up, if I run league and no skype on one pc and then league and skype on another pc at the same time only the pc running skype has the issue... It's stupid and shouldn't be thing at all.

I hear what you are saying about buying a router, but, if you do, you will have access to all of the settings that you require via the router's user controls, as opposed to some being accessible via the user interface for the modem and some being accessible only by Tech Support.   There are definite benefits to running your own modem.  We won't be able to run any tests soon as we're on the road, but I'll ask if he has a group to test with when we return.  You might have found another bug in the firmware 🙂

JesseF
I Plan to Stick Around
It seems that even just having skype open (not in a call or anything) gives the same issue... opened up skype on my 2nd computer and while skype was open had the same issue. I called myself on it to see what happens when I'm in a call and even worse! lol

This is stupid... So my options are wait for a fix and pay for not being able to use my net... or go pay $300 for a router and put this in bridge >.> awesome lol.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You dont have to buy a $300 router.

While a $300 one might very future proof things..

and you dont want to CHEAP CHEAP out on it.

$100-150 is more than enough to get the settings, speed, etc.. without going overboard.

JesseF
I Plan to Stick Around
Well see, I'm a gamer... not only that but a lot of my personal work depends on high speeds and dependable connection. So a $100-$150 won't exactly cut it, also because I use an AC connection to help with the speed side of things, that pretty much throws the price above $150 for a dependable AC router.

Looking at around $300 for a good, dependable AC router that can handle the speeds and load I'm going to be putting on it.

Kind of pathetic to think this all new "ROCKET AC!!!!!!!!!!!!" can't even handle skype and a game... really pathetic if you ask me.

Anyway, that's why $300. It's not for just browsing the net, it's my lively hood 😃

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

I have updates on my latency/disconnect issue:

I use wired connection, then everything seems good now.

I assume that the 5G AC channel has issues, either the laptop side or the router side. I give up to do further investigation and keepit as is.

Thanks all for the help.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Hi, recently I upgrade my internet services from 30 Mbps to 60 Mbps; thus, I replaced my old modem to the CGN3ACSMR modem.

However, when I tried to play League of Legends, I'm unable to connect to server. I google it and found out it's because my CGN3ACSMR Firmware version is not up-to-dated (4.4.8.14), and one of the Rogers employee said "Customers who received a modem with the old firmware will be updated automatically within 48-72 hours. The new firmware is 4.5.8.16."

Is it possible for me to update the firmware mannually? because I'm not sure if it will update by itself 😛

Thank you,

Felix

Unfortunately, there is no way to update it manually 😞

If it has NOT update in the 72 hours from when it was installed (and make sure its a full 72 hours.. so if it was installed at 3pm.. wait until 3pm that 3rd day), then give @CommunityHelps a message on the forum here.

TakinR
I've Been Around

Hi 

JesseF
I Plan to Stick Around
Call Rogers and ask them to update the router. Even then, I'm still having an issue with packet loss. I've heard some say it's a bug with the game at the moment but I'm not sure because no one else seems to be having the issue.

I'm speaking with Riot support right now to try and figure it out and I have a tech coming to my house on thursday to double check all the lines because they say there is an "Interference" somewhere in the line. But the line is brand new direct line from the box to my modem... so maybe the line under the ground which will be fine for them to replace 😃

yanzhuo
I've Been Here Awhile

I just move in my new apartment and i am using Rogers Ignite 250u plan with Rogers Rocket modem, but when I play the league of legend, after champion select, the game carshed and it told me " unable to connect to the server, please check your network connection and attempt to reconnect to your game." but im pretty sure my network connection is good.

The game is not crashed everytime, sometimes i can play game, but 99%, my game is crashed.

By the way, i can play the game with my cell phone hotspot and it always works, so i'm pretty sure that is not game's problem.Smiley Frustrated

That you just got the modem, its likely that its still on the older firmware.

Give it a good 72 hours from the time that you had it installed to see if the new firmware is rolled out and if that corrects it.

If it has not, please then contact @CommunityHelps and let them know, and they may be able to do a force push on the firmware.

dazthanabal
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently had upgrade my plan from the Internet 30 into the Rogers Ignite 100u, and I now cannot run League of Legends. Their seems to be an error when launching it, and I have to wait at least 30 minutes before I can actually play. I have tried port forwarding but to no avail it does not work. So what do I do now? I'm paying an extra 30 for this plan, and was hoping to see some results.Smiley Sad

Hi dazthanabal,

I noticed another one of your post which shows you also received the new CGN3ACSMR router currently running the 4.4.8.14 firmware. The firmware will typically get updated within 48 hours from the time it came online. If you notice the firmware is not updated even after 72 hours, please let us know or message CommunityHelps so that we can follow up for you.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy
RogersArthur

Strizz
I've Been Around

Hey @CommunityHelps. I have the new cgn3a modem from a package upgrade and have waited the alloted time for my update. It never happened. I need mine forced.

Riggernuts
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got my new upgraded modem cgnacmsr and it has old firmware 4.4.8.14. Still hasn't updated. So now i've rogers lastest greatest modem thats full of bugs. Come on rogers update firmware before to give it to the customer. It would save alot of time and grief if you update the firmware. It just doesn't make sense now using this modem that has somany bugs and my other modem worked just fine. Nice upgrade(backwards) rogers.

So I got a new CGN3ACSMR modem today and to my supprise League of Legends wont play... so i teathered to my phone... worked fine....I broused google and found that many people were having this issue and I struggle to believe that everyone had to pay 100$ to get someone to take their time coming to your house to fix the issue that was in no way the fault of the consumer

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? or should i switch to Bell

The current firmware of the modem is 4.4.8.14 btw

Within 48 to 72 hours firmware version 4.5.8.16 will be pushed out to your modem.   That will solve the problems that you are having with the modem.

vanhalen26
I Plan to Stick Around

Clearly there are a number of problems with this new modem ... my issue is VOIP.  I went on this forum just to get familiar and determine if its a handful of people or many and I see its many.

It's sad that when you call rogers support (1st level) - they know nothing about this and just say it must be your home setup.

Grrrr...

Supernovav
I Plan to Stick Around

My last router had issues with the internet cutting off..A lot. So i ended up exchanging it for a new one after a technition came. Who do I PM and with with info to get the latest firmware pushed to my modem?