cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around
hey i asked for the update last night and got a reply but have not yet received the update

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! the firmware came pretty quick and i was pleased! thanks again everything works perfectly!

@Danny4227 if the update wasn't pushed out to your modem last night you should see it late tonight or during the nightly maintenance period.

Hello Everyone !

Just to follow up because Rogers Support said to leave feedback if this worked or not. This worked 100% for me, sent in my Account Reference Number and MAC Address on the Modem and they actually updated my Modem during a League of Legends game but after it restarted and I tried to connect back to my game, it worked like a charm ! Great thanks to Rogers for pushing the update through.

Initially I had tried to disable the firewall in the Modem Control Panel, tried to disable my NIS Firewall, tried using DMZ on host computer, tried port forwarding every single League of Legends port, but no fix. Decided to call Rogers Tech Support and they forwarded me over to this forum post and then I followed the steps and it worked !

Thank you Rogers,

Ricky

Add me on League of Legends: SynntaxError
Bronze IV is life !

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around
hey would i have to restart my modem for it to work?

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

genersally how long did u wait. when did u send in the request

rickyramrup
I've Been Here Awhile

I submitted my request and received a response that it would take about 48 hours after. The next day around 11:30pm EST they pushed the Firmware Upgrade through and rebooted my Modem successfully. It generally wouldn't or shouldn't take more than 1 day.

Also, you don't need to restart your Modem, it is done "Stealth". You won't know when it happens, but it will happen within a 48 hour time frame after your request has been processed.

Add me on League of Legends: SynntaxError
Bronze IV is life !

The modem should reboot on its own after the update.  Depending on how busy the CommunityHelps staff is, you should see that update occur either late in the evening or overnight, of the day that the request went in, and if not, then sometime during the next evening or night.  You should have received an acknowledgment I believe, to indicate that your request has been received and queued to run.

Have a look at post #9 on this page to see what to look for if you want to confirm that the update has run:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/page/1/thread-...

If you happen to play League of Legends or other games as indicated by users in this thread, any issues that you were experiencing should not be occuring, which also indicates that the update has run.

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

so i have now waited 24 hours and still have not yet recieved the firmware. i am notunderstanding how someone else did it around the same time and got it in one day and im still waiting.

should i re submit my request because every posti read it was saying it happend fast 

ChromStar
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks the update worked!

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

when did u ask for it 

ChromStar
I Plan to Stick Around

Well my response was kind of late due to the fact I had trouble logging into the rogers community, but I asked for it on June 22nd and received it around 8 to 9pm on June 23rd. 

@Danny4227 if you don't see the update as of tomorrow morning, send in a query to CommunityHelps to ensure that you are still on the update list.  You should have received a confirmation that your request had been received.

I sent mine late Sunday night and haven't received the update yet. I'm hopeful it'll arrive tonight. I also got the confirmation message, saying it should arrive within 48 hours. So don't lose hope!

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around
how should i ask the querry

lucryu
I've Been Around

Is it okay to bridge my router while I wait for the firmware update so that I can at least play, or would that mess up something in the process?

Apparently from what I have just been sent, the modem can be in Gateway or Bridge mode. 

@Danny4227 tomorrow morning, if the update has not been downloaded ask CommunityHelps if you are still in the que for the update. 

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @lucryu

Yes the modem can be left in Bridge Mode. Let us know if you have any other questions.

RogersAsif

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

The @CommunityHelps team has informed me a number of modems have been recently updated.

Thank you for your patience we will work on fulfilling all outstanding requests.

RogersAsif

JackT1
I've Been Around

i got mine updated within 24hrs ^^