cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you remove your account number from your post, then, please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

dysos
I've Been Here Awhile

In what way I'll be informed as the firmware has been pushed out ??

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You wont.

Really the only way to check, is to keep loging into the interface, and check to see if its been updated.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that CommunityHelps will send you a pm which indicates that the request has been received.  That pm should also indicate that the modem has to be running in Gateway mode with the 2.4 Ghz network up and running. 

The next morning, if you ping the modem, you should see that the ping times are for the most part down to 1 ms or less.  That will definitely tell you that the update has been done.

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

i know this seems odd but how do we know that they wont steal our information when we send it to them. Are they working for rogers or are they a random indivdual.

@Danny4227 wrote:

i know this seems odd but how do we know that they wont steal our information when we send it to them. Are they working for rogers or are they a random indivdual.

It's an official Rogers social media account...

Hello @Danny4227,

Just to further establish the fact and add to @VivienM reply, @CommunityHelps is an official Rogers Community Forum's Private Message Box, hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Regards,

RogersMoin

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

sorry posted twice

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so i made this account just to ask that on teh forum but this account isnt linked to my rogers account directly as i have another account for that. if i have the MAC and the referance code could i do it through this account

Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there an ETA for this update?

@Danny4227 it shouldn't matter which Rogers account you are linked to.  As long as you have the correct MAC address and the Cable Reference Account number from your monthly statement there shouldn't be any problems.  For further reference, if you havent' done so already, please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

@Gooney if you sent in an update request today, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, I meant if there is an eta for when the update is pushed out to everyone. Unfortunately I'm not able to get the information needed to get the update pushed for me.

I haven't heard anything as of yet, but I'll ask the question to see if there is a release date on the horizon.

Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you. That would be really aprreciated.

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

hey is there anyway to find ur Cable account reference number online 

like on ur account and through the bills section

If you download a bill, it should be there.  Now, I don't know about the new bill style versus the old.  It was on the old bill format at the top of the internet section.  It might be easier just to call customer service and ask them for it.

Supernovav
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, I got the firmware pushed to my modem a few weeks ago but haven't been able to play league untill now due to being busy. All the connection problems with connecting to the game have seemed to be resolved. Now the only issue I have is that the wifi seems to disconenct. I myself am connected directly through an ethernet cable but the rest of my family is on Wifi and when they stream it apparantly disconnects quite a bit. 

Hi, that's the first that I've heard of wifi issues with the update other than the all wifi off or on, or indicator state mismatch due to a power loss and reboot.  Can you download and install inSSIDer, which is a wifi monitoring application.  The link below is for the last freebie version of this program.  It monitors 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks, but doesn't display 802.11ac networks.  There is a new pay version out now that will display those networks on a normal 802.11 a/b/g/n laptop by reading the transmission headers.  Can  you load that program on a laptop and have a look at the received power level for your network and have a look to see how many other networks are interfering with your network.  If you can, do a screencapture of the display, remove your MAC address and post it somewhere so that I can have a look at it.  If you don't have anywhere to post it, you should be able to send in in a private message to me.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Supernovav
I Plan to Stick Around
Oh, sorry I didn't mean that there were Wifi issues with the updates. I've had Wifi signals ever since I got Rogers internet in the first place. I just got it a little less then two weeks ago.I'll download the program tomorrow and run tomorrow and by screen capture you mean just a screenshot? Or like a video capture Also how can I control the WMM(QOS)? I feel like there are more setting but they limited us..

Just a screenshot would be good, to see what you are up against in terms of other wifi routers running nearby.  The one thing to remember is that combo modem / routers don't have the greatest wifi performance, so many people just run the modem in Bridge mode and use their own router everything else, firewall, wired and wifi router, port forwarding etc, etc.  WMM (QOS), nope you can't control it.  Its on, and that's it.  That is something else you can do with real router, choose what you want in terms of QOS priority, or simply turn it off.