New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Sorry, I meant if there is an eta for when the update is pushed out to everyone. Unfortunately I'm not able to get the information needed to get the update pushed for me.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I haven't heard anything as of yet, but I'll ask the question to see if there is a release date on the horizon.

Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you. That would be really aprreciated.

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

hey is there anyway to find ur Cable account reference number online 

like on ur account and through the bills section

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you download a bill, it should be there.  Now, I don't know about the new bill style versus the old.  It was on the old bill format at the top of the internet section.  It might be easier just to call customer service and ask them for it.

Supernovav
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, I got the firmware pushed to my modem a few weeks ago but haven't been able to play league untill now due to being busy. All the connection problems with connecting to the game have seemed to be resolved. Now the only issue I have is that the wifi seems to disconenct. I myself am connected directly through an ethernet cable but the rest of my family is on Wifi and when they stream it apparantly disconnects quite a bit. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi, that's the first that I've heard of wifi issues with the update other than the all wifi off or on, or indicator state mismatch due to a power loss and reboot.  Can you download and install inSSIDer, which is a wifi monitoring application.  The link below is for the last freebie version of this program.  It monitors 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks, but doesn't display 802.11ac networks.  There is a new pay version out now that will display those networks on a normal 802.11 a/b/g/n laptop by reading the transmission headers.  Can  you load that program on a laptop and have a look at the received power level for your network and have a look to see how many other networks are interfering with your network.  If you can, do a screencapture of the display, remove your MAC address and post it somewhere so that I can have a look at it.  If you don't have anywhere to post it, you should be able to send in in a private message to me.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Supernovav
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh, sorry I didn't mean that there were Wifi issues with the updates. I've had Wifi signals ever since I got Rogers internet in the first place. I just got it a little less then two weeks ago.I'll download the program tomorrow and run tomorrow and by screen capture you mean just a screenshot? Or like a video capture Also how can I control the WMM(QOS)? I feel like there are more setting but they limited us..
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just a screenshot would be good, to see what you are up against in terms of other wifi routers running nearby.  The one thing to remember is that combo modem / routers don't have the greatest wifi performance, so many people just run the modem in Bridge mode and use their own router everything else, firewall, wired and wifi router, port forwarding etc, etc.  WMM (QOS), nope you can't control it.  Its on, and that's it.  That is something else you can do with real router, choose what you want in terms of QOS priority, or simply turn it off.

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

hey i asked for the update last night and got a reply but have not yet received the update