New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

You wont.

Really the only way to check, is to keep loging into the interface, and check to see if its been updated.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that CommunityHelps will send you a pm which indicates that the request has been received.  That pm should also indicate that the modem has to be running in Gateway mode with the 2.4 Ghz network up and running. 

The next morning, if you ping the modem, you should see that the ping times are for the most part down to 1 ms or less.  That will definitely tell you that the update has been done.

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

i know this seems odd but how do we know that they wont steal our information when we send it to them. Are they working for rogers or are they a random indivdual.

VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@Danny4227 wrote:

i know this seems odd but how do we know that they wont steal our information when we send it to them. Are they working for rogers or are they a random indivdual.

It's an official Rogers social media account...

RogersMoin

Hello @Danny4227,

Just to further establish the fact and add to @VivienM reply, @CommunityHelps is an official Rogers Community Forum's Private Message Box, hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Regards,

RogersMoin

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

sorry posted twice

Danny4227
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so i made this account just to ask that on teh forum but this account isnt linked to my rogers account directly as i have another account for that. if i have the MAC and the referance code could i do it through this account

Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there an ETA for this update?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danny4227 it shouldn't matter which Rogers account you are linked to.  As long as you have the correct MAC address and the Cable Reference Account number from your monthly statement there shouldn't be any problems.  For further reference, if you havent' done so already, please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gooney if you sent in an update request today, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.