I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
I had a quick look and the link to download the bill, using the new format didn't work. There is another thread that is dealing with this issue at the moment. There is a link in the billing however that enables you to look at older or previous bills. I followed that and was able to download a bill that shows the Cable Account Reference Number within the Internet Services section. To make it easy, call customer service, ask them to give you the Cable Account Reference Number. That will probably save you from having to fight with the link on the billing page.
Please read the first post in this thread:
Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum. On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message". Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send. If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods. If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.
I was having problems with Elderscrolls Online disconnecting every 20-30 minutes, recived the update and no longer having any disconnect issues. Connection is great now - recommend this update for anyone having random game disconnects after getting this modem not just LOL.
I'm running Elderscrolls Online on a PC with windows 7 64 bit, wired connection to the modem. Tried other troubleshooting steps that didn't work like re-installing game client, rebooting router, disabling addons several days before I got the update which did fix the problem.
My roommate had noticed League of Legends was having issues soon after we upgraded to Rogers internet. We also noticed that our ping time when pinging our modem/router was 6-13ms per ping (waaay too high).
We found this thread, PM'd @CommunityHelps and they got back to me a couple hours later saying that I will receive the firmware on their next wave of updates. Check last night, and I received it (firmware 18.104.22.168).
My roommate has since, not have had any issues with LoL, and our ping time to our router is <1ms.
Also FYI: if anyone has the same issue as me - if when you go to the @CommunityHelps profile page and you think you've logged in, and you don't see the "Send this user a private message" option: clear cookies and private data and try logging in again.
My League of Legends was having issues and after sending a PM to community helps they sent me the firmware update within 48 hours. All is working fine now with no issues.
Yep, the firmware update has fixed my issue as well!
Also note, any FFXIV (Final Fantasy 14) players that are experiencing a delayed/laggy chat, this firmware update also fixed that issue as well. Before the update, I would sometimes get a clump of messages other players had sent at the time, and the messages would all be minutes late. Now it's fixed, and I also feel less laggy but that might just be placebo, I'm not entirely sure. Thanks so much!