cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Hello @who_is_this_psy, 

Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!:smileyhappy:

Thank you for your post and the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Hi there, 

I sent in my information to the CommunityHelps group and they emailed me back saying that the firmware will be pushed in 48 hours. But its been 2 full days now and I haven't gotten the firmware update. Reading back, I heard that some people had their modems reset or their internet down for a few seconds while the firmware pushed. I don't think I sent the wrong info since CommunityHelps apparently sends a message in case of a modem connection error. 

Please help?

Log into the modem and check the software version that is displayed on the Status page.  It should be Software Version 4.5.8.16   The Version that it replaces is Software Version 4.4.8.13    To receive the update you need to have the modem running in Gateway mode with the 2.4 Ghz wifi network up and running.  You can probably have both networks running, but you need the 2.4 Ghz network running.  If you are still on the old version, send another message to @CommunityHelps with the MAC address and the Cable Account Reference Number.  They indicated to me last night that they had a number of requests, so maybe yours is in the que, but check with them and find out.

I just messaged them again, thanks. And the 2.4Ghz wifi is running and gateway mode should be on considering I haven't switched to bridge mode ever, right?

yep, exactly 🙂

Just to make sure, 

Is the cable account reference number the same as the S/N number?

No it isn't.  Take a look at your bill.  The cable account reference number is at the top of the internet section of the bill.

Aright I knew something was wrong xD

And I'm a new customer so I haven't been billed for this month yet. Just called the support people though and got things figured out. Also just resent a message to CommunityHelps. 

Thanks

yw 🙂  Hopefully you will see the update late tonight.

garycarlos
I Plan to Stick Around

So are you saying that all Rogers customers will be having their firmware upgraded from 4.4.8.13 to 4.5.8.16 tonight? Then all of these problems will go away? Called Rogers Internet support and the call centre staff is oblivious to this “fact”. I’m not convinced either.

At some point, Version 4.5.8.16 or beyond will be pushed to all CGN3ACSMRs.  When that will happen I don't know.  But for now, the effort is on getting this version out to people who request it, usually because they are gamers who see the effect when they are gaming.  The product manager could probably have just said, "Right, we'll wait till its perfect, and then issue it."  Instead, the decision was made to get the firmware out as fast as possible as requested.  So that is the current situation.  When it will change, don't know.....

garycarlos
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems that “@CommunityHelps” bounces back.  I called the Rogers service desk again and this time I actually got a knowledgable CSR.  After a lengthy hold, she confirmed that they are only sending out the 4.5.8.16 firmware to people who request it. As you explained, she told me to send the account number and MAC address to the “@CommunityHelps”, but she confirmed that it bounced back for her too. It eventually went through when I dropped the “@” symbol. The service desk assumes 48 to 72 hours for the update. Now did I actually send the request is my next question?

Good evening all, Smiley Happy

@Datalink – as always thank you for helping the Community out with all the queries.

@skjeong007 – I do confirm your request has been submitted and your modem is queued to receive the firmware update, thank you for your patience.

@garycarlos – I do confirm @CommunityHelps has received your request and once it’s submitted you will get the notification. As far the confusion with @CommunityHelps, when you click it, you will be taken to the profile and on the right side you can click on “Send this user a private message”. But if you are in your mailbox then definitely you need to drop @ to send the PM, hope this clarifies. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Thanks a lot 🙂

NorrisE
I've Been Here Awhile

Pushed firmware to my router which fixed my issue 🙂

kmark
I've Been Around

Updating firmware totally works. Now if only it removed the 20 minute queue I got for AFK because of this...

midhopkins
I've Been Here Awhile

Had this problem for weeks. Literally finding the solution now after 10s of hours researching... Pretty frustrating, does anyone know how long the firmware update takes. I do not remember ever being so salty.... Reconnect games that work randomly after 10 mins. Update firmware ....... 

If you pm your MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number to @CommunityHelps you might see the update very late tonight, probably no later that tomorrow night.  Have a look at the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Follow the communityhelps link above to get to the public page and then use the "Send this user a private message" on the upper right hand corner to link to the message composition page, compose the message and hit send on the lower right of that page.  If you are already in the message page, the address is the same without the @ sign.

xxxxvcvdxsdfv
I've Been Around

Just got updated, so far so good

Can you indicate what game you are playing and what your network configuration is: modem - pc, modem - router - pc, modem - routrer - game console.  Can you also indicate what mode the modem is running in, ie. Gateway or Bridge and if you are using a router, what mode the router is in , Router mode, Access point, or Bridge.

Cmchin
I've Been Around

Got the update and everything seems to be working.