cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Assuming that you are connected via ethernet, start your web browser, type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and hit the enter key.  That will take you to the login page.  The credentials are cusadmin for the name and password for the password.   The password change page is under the Admin tab.

vanhohenheim
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank you. I have PM'd you the DOCSIS WAN tables.

I also just received an update from CommunityHelps saying my request was submitted but they are not sure it will go through because they are having trouble accessing my modem.

Aries-
I Plan to Stick Around
Got the update last night, not for LOL but for desyiny. Seemed people sere having issues with this modem with ps4 and nat type issues.

Didnt help, made it worse. Joined a chat and 4 of the members i couldnt talk to because of it.
Il start another topic on this though.

NorrisE
I've Been Here Awhile

Can I download the latest software from somewhere to correct this issue?

Hello @NorrisE

Thank you for reaching out @CommunityHelps, would you please reply back with Cable account number and MAC address so that firmware update can be pushed to your modem.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Lwang327
I've Been Here Awhile

Just sent a request in for the firmware update. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Also, there are similar connectivity issues with Ultra Street Fighter 4 and some other Steam games that connect P2P. Never had any issues on my old Rogers modem.  I'm not sure what exactly causes these issues since the Firewall on the gateway is supposed to be turned off.  

Thought you might like to know.

hyden
I've Been Around
Hello,

I am part of a toronto league of legends community on facebook (about 10,000 of us) and there are probably about 10-20 of us now who all have the same issue. Plz fix.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hyden, please read the first post of this thread concerning the CGN3ACSMR and LOL.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/page/1/thread-...

I sent the request last night and within the hour my modem reset, seemingly updated and I played Destiny for awhile both last night and this morning with no disconnects. Thanks!

mfriers
I Plan to Stick Around
Thank you so much for helping solve this problem. It works with no issues now. Very happy to know Rogers cares about keeping us happy and that they will find solutions.

How do I message @CommunityHelps directly?

I am staying with my girlfriends family while they've gone on vacation so can't access the 12 digit account code right now but know all other information and just want the firmware pushed through to this modem as I am having problems still 

i don't see a way to direct message on the boards

Just follow the link for @CommunityHelps which takes you to its public page.  If you are signed into the site, on the upper right hand side will be a link that says "send this user a private message"  Click on that and a message page will open.  Once your message is complete, hit the send button, and you're done.

Dedish1
I've Been Here Awhile

So I got the firmware update. First game loaded no problem, second game got firewall msg and crash then loaded no problem so not sure if it works or not. Will update

CX2DUBCAKES
I Plan to Stick Around

Funny enough I posted earlier today. The games have been perfect up til today. I have had 2 games with the dreaded firewall error again, after going two days with zero errors... hmmm, it looks like I'm not the only one.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2nrpsbc.jpg[/IMG]
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nrpsbc.jpg[/IMG]

http://i60.tinypic.com/2nrpsbc.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nrpsbc.jpg

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you running your modem in Gateway mode or Bridge mode?

Hey Guys

One thing to remember is that the "Firewall Error" is known to Riot Games and has been around before the CGN3ACSMR.

Visiting the Riot Boards you will see people all over the world who experience firewall errors to this date. Do a google search on "League of Legends Firewall Error". The first page should be the Riot Boards.

The core issue at hand was the game not being playable at all, due to the firewall error. The update that will be pushed to those who contact @CommunityHelps resolves this.

How are things going for everyone else? Let us know!

RogersAsif

ConorMac
I've Been Here Awhile

I called the Rogers 1-888 Rogers number and got through to someone in the TechXpert department. Him and his supervisor were unaware of the recent firmware update and advised me to not send my information to the cummunityhelp account. If I don't send my information to the community account, when can I expect my firmware to update automatically.

I haven't heard of a general release date as of yet, maybe the moderators have.  From what you are saying it looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  I and many others have forwarded the MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number and have received the update.  The moderators are trained as Customer Service Reps as well, I would guess to the same level as the TechXpert staff.  At the end of the day, it is your decision as to whether or not to forward the info.  Hopefully the general release will not be that far off.

sedky132
I've Been Here Awhile

After hours and hours, I've finally stumbled upon this page, kind of makes me wonder how many are out there lost and confused!

Anyway, I've sent a reply to @CommunityHelps and just waiting now.  

However, I've ran some tests, including pinging my router from my desktop (ethernet connected) and I have some shocking results:

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 15, Received = 15, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 13ms, Average = 5ms

On the 4.4.8.13 software version of the CGN3ACSMR.

That's really slow isn't it? I ran it three times and that was by far the fastest run, the other averages being 8 ms and 9 ms.  I'm assuming it is because I messed with the settings while trying to fix this nonsense.  Is a reset in order or is there a less final solution?

Thanks

Your results are fairly standard.  Here's the before and after results with a 1000 ping test to the modem:

Before the update:

Ping statistics for 192.168.100.1:
Packets: Sent = 1000, Received = 1000, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 139ms, Average = 6ms

After the update:

Ping statistics for 192.168.100.1:
Packets: Sent = 1000, Received = 1000, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 67ms, Average = 1ms

Note that after the update the ping times don't drop to 1 ms completely.  There are still the odd pings with 2 or 3 ms, and then every once in a while, a ping in the double digits.  But the results so far are a big improvement.

aaronlauparkyu
I've Been Around
I emailed it and it works now after a day! Thank you so much 🙂