cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

haguuhar
I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

768 REPLIES 768

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

bunnyrabbitzzz
I Plan to Stick Around

My LoL seem to be working now. Will try more games and see.

g3tester
I've Been Here Awhile
Did you email to get the firmware update from rogers? or did it just start working?

bunnyrabbitzzz
I Plan to Stick Around

I messaged communityhelps with the info they asked last night and my LoL started working this morning.

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So you have the firmware? Can you log into the modem interface and confirm if the SW Version changed? Is connectivity with league of legends only fixed? Or did they include some other fixes?

EhsanJamal
I've Been Here Awhile
Is there a way to check if you have recieved the firmware?

EhsanJamal
I've Been Here Awhile
I also contacted rogers customer support and they had no idea about what i was talking about, and this "firmware" that I wanted. I asked them if communityHelps was part of them then they told me how you are like some very tenure person whom has helped created rogers. So hopefully my league starts working soon!

Hello Community

Remember to send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps with the information below if you are affected by the League of Legends firewall issue. The firmware is only being deployed to those who contact @CommunityHelps via Private Message.

-MAC address of modem (12 digits found on the back of your Hitron modem)
-Cable account reference number(12 digits beginning with “2”)

To those who have received the firmware update, how are things going? Let the community know, hope you are enjoying the gameSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

riccimj
I've Been Here Awhile

I have requested the firmware update.  I expect it to take place tonight.

I have had this Hitron CGN3ACSMR monstrosity for about 2 weeks now.  

Hardware Version1A
Software Version4.4.8.13

When I ping it from inside my network I get result like this below, the jitter in particular is rather high.  Under heavy load these numbers can get consistently over 100ms, obviously too high for packets still inside the switch.

Ping statistics for 10.10.10.1:
Packets: Sent = 9868, Received = 9868, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 145ms, Average = 6ms

I expect this to drop after the update, I will post the results nevertheless.

I just requested @CommunityHelps for the firmware to be pushed to my modem via private message, as @RogersAsif said to do so in his earlier post.

The new firmware version being pushed is 4.5.8.16

If you log into your router admin and see this number then it means the update was applied 🙂

Really hoping this fix works. I know a lot people have this issue on the League forums:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/gTWoNHAL-what-the- . -is-this-firewall-error-...

Can't imagine that they're all using the new Hitron modem??

Hi @riccimj Welcome to the CommunitySmiley Happy

Glad to hear you have requested the firmware update for the League of Legend issue.

Remember as per our Community Guidelines here, We need to keep things on-topic.

This thread is about the Firewall Error users with the CGN3ACSMR were experiencing when trying to connect to League of Legends.

@Datalink has created a topic where we can have a general discussion on the firmware and other aspects here.

RogersAsifSmiley Happy

gaggan07
I Plan to Stick Around

Just PM'd the communityhelps for firmware update, i currently have the 4.4.8.14 firmware, will let you all know when it gets updated. 

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@MCKitty is the interface loading time fast? Or is it the same as the CGN3?

do you mean the router admin page? It loads in decent time for me.

or do you mean in-game for league? For league my ping hasn't changed although I have much faster up and down (250down/20up)... probably that is just the limit for the server I'm on (NA).

gaggan07
I Plan to Stick Around

MCKitty, how long did it take for them to update your firmware? Was it an instant update, or did you wait a day or two. 

The aim is to have the firmware pushed out overnight during the maintenance period, but hopefully in a worst case, it might be a couple of nights to push it out.

CX2DUBCAKES
I Plan to Stick Around
It will be nice to play with no firewall error after champ select. I pm'd and community replied within 5 mins saying within 48 hours. BTW do you play Data??? If so, add me as my forum name is my in game name for LOL. 😉

as @CX2DUBCAKES said, the official message is that it will take 48 hours.

However I saw in @bunnyrabbitzzz post that she/he had LOL working again the next morning, so I'm hopeful! (bunnyrabbitzzz is it all fixed now for you?)

My LoL/Twitch name is MatchaCreamKitty feel free to add 🙂

No, I don't play.  My son does, but I'd be hearing about any problems if they came up, along with the automatic request to "fix the problem". 

bunnyrabbitzzz
I Plan to Stick Around
@MCKitty I think my LoL is working now. Been working the whole day. My current software version is 4.5.8.16.

@bunnyrabbitzzz when you have time, can you run a ping test to the modem.  I'd like to see two runs if you don't mind, one when there is no traffic through the modem, and a second run when something is played or transiting through the modem.  Open a command prompt and type

ping 192.168.0.1 -n 100

I'm assuming here that you are in Gateway mode. 

When the 100 ping run is done, can you copy the bottom stats and paste them into this thread.  To do that left click on the command box icon at the top left hand corner of the actual command box, scroll down to Edit....Select, and then again to Edit.....Copy.  Paste that into Notepad so that you can copy the bottom ping statistics and then paste them into the thread. 

Hopefully all you will see are ping times of zero, but I'd be interested in seeing the actual stats.

CX2DUBCAKES
I Plan to Stick Around
Will do...